Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Fitness - Get in Gear!

Options
  • 08-02-2006 5:34pm
    Registered Users Posts: 6,182 ✭✭✭

Hey guys, are any of ye after signing up for this?! Went for my fitness test today.. oh it's going to be so much fun:o Looking forward to the activities starting..

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,885 ✭✭✭Stabshauptmann

when was the deadline for that?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,815 ✭✭✭Vorsprung

Yea I signed up for it, did my baseline test last friday. Anyone know how many people are doing it?
    GET IN SHAPE
    HAVE FUN
    ACHIEVE A HEALTHY LIFESTYLE

The UCD Sports Centre in co-operation with the School of Physiotherapy and Performance Science is running a 5 week programme of activities, which will be targeted at students who are not physically active at present.

The course will run from the 30th of January to the 3rd March and will include FREE health evaluations, informative talks on fitness/nutrirtion/motivation, beginner's fitness classes and fun sporting events.

The aim of this programme is to introduce students to the benefits and enjoyment of regular participation in physical activity. There will be no costs associated with this programme but places are limited so please apply early.

To sign up for this six week programme or for further information please contact Carmel Kissane on 7162422 or e-mail carmel.kissane@ucd.ie.

Last Date to apply via e-mail is Friday January 27th.

All volunteers will then be sent an e-mail with an appointment slot to attend for pre-participation screening and this should take place during the week starting date Monday Jan 30th.

Yours in Sport,

Last date was a while ago, no harm giving them a ring i suppose

• Registered Users Posts: 6,182 ✭✭✭Tiriel

There are quite a few doing it I'd say, today was the last day of testing so I doubt they'll be taking any more in. Today in my group there were about 9 people.. that was just one session.. and there were another 3/4 sessions today.

I'm really looking forward to it, I just hope I won't be mortified.. it's supposed to be for people who are not physically active at present.. so hopefully other people will be in the same boat!!

• Registered Users Posts: 10,246 ✭✭✭✭Riamfada

fitness......me hole

• Registered Users Posts: 8,051 ✭✭✭BKtje

was gonna sign up as id be interested in a fitness test but decided im probably too active.

WHat exactly they do? That bike thing? what else? :)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 7,551 ✭✭✭panda100

Yeah-I saw that!thats such a good idea.Was gonna do it but with campaigning and such decided not to do it.Is there a prize for the fittest person??

• Registered Users Posts: 4,885 ✭✭✭Stabshauptmann

I wouldnt have the time, so doubt I fit the active criteria

it's the perfect excuse for me.. it's organised by someone else.. so I can't pull out so easily! I'm hoping that I won't be the odd one out, I haven't done any sport in ages, so fitness is low enough.. like the way they are monitoring progress too.. always an incentive!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,815 ✭✭✭Vorsprung

They told my group that there'd be some sort of talk/lecture on some Friday, I thought it was going to be today but no email. Anyone know when it's on?

not sure but they did say that we probably wouldn't hear from them until today.. and that next week to expect things to start moving. :eek:

• Advertisement
Advertisement