Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Control over .ie domain

Options
  • 08-02-2006 6:00pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 8,478 ✭✭✭

My company has been brought in by a Credit Union to develop a website for them. Their previous host went bankrupt. We need to get control over the .ie and control the nameservers to point to a hosting partner of our choice.

What authorization does the IEDR require to allow this to happen? The staff of the Credit Union do not have any information to hand as to who originally registered the domain.

Confusious say - jinkies!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,106 ✭✭✭turbot

It's easy.

Go to domainregistry.ie and run a search for the domain.

Identify the administrative contact.

Find out if she / he still works with credit union.

If so, get her to sign the transfer of control authorisation fax.

If not, get a senior company member to do the same, and include the statement to the effect:

Person xxx does not work here anymore. Please use new person yyy as the new administrative contact.

The Domain Registry will tell you the exact wording they require.

-Thomas

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,655 ✭✭✭Ph3n0m

Goto

http://www.iedr.ie/

Search on the domain, and you will get the registration details plus a contact

Plus if the credit union organised this, they would have contact details for the person who registered it - or is there more to this story?

Or do what turbot said :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,382 ✭✭✭✭AARRRGH

I've found the IEDRs security policy to be nearly non existant, so you could probably just ask them to change the details for you.

I remember one time I discovered the company I was working for (a large recuitment website) was about to have it's domain dropped because someone rang up the IEDR and asked them to do it! Luckily I discovered this 6 hours before it was going to happen.

If you're having no luck, faxing in an official looking document on company headed paper, signed by the managing director or something like that, would do the trick.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,478 ✭✭✭GoneShootin

Ph3n0m wrote:
    they would have contact details for the person who registered it - or is there more to this story?

Where would = should and should = not :(

Anyway I'll do what Turbot says.

<3 boards.ie

• Registered Users Posts: 7,739 ✭✭✭mneylon

Contact your hosting provider and ask them to help you sort it out

It's usually quite easy to get these matters resolved and should only take a phonecall and a fax to get it all sorted.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 8,478 ✭✭✭GoneShootin

Their previous host went bankrupt.

Hence the dilemma blacknight

• Registered Users Posts: 14,003 ✭✭✭✭The Muppet

A note on the Credit Union's headed paper requesting the login and password for their account to the IEDR will sort it for you. After that you can login and make the changes yourself on the I.E.D.R's web site..

• Registered Users Posts: 7,739 ✭✭✭mneylon

Hence the dilemma blacknight

I was referring to your current provider.

Advertisement