Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

how many subjects?

Options
2»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 887 ✭✭✭Rockerette

smemon wrote:
    accept my ignorance but someone explain to me why people do 8 or more subjects?

theres no need. you only get marked on 6. no point in doin 8 when you can just study 6 and give them more attention and get better results. by doing 8 you just look desperate for points when you probably doint need them cuz anyone needing average points aint gonna study extra subjects for no reason.

I know im not gonna get higher than a C1 (doubt i'll even get that!) in Higher French, and im doing pass maths, and 6 other higher subjects - in which im aiming for at least B2s in them all... surely its not that hard to understand- im looking for as many points as i can get? So i have 6 higher subjects that im planning to use.. then ord maths... and higher french, just cos, - i dont put a lot of effort in, so its not that much extra work...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 418 ✭✭X-SL

smemon wrote:
    accept my ignorance but someone explain to me why people do 8 or more subjects?

theres no need. you only get marked on 6. no point in doin 8 when you can just study 6 and give them more attention and get better results. by doing 8 you just look desperate for points when you probably doint need them cuz anyone needing average points aint gonna study extra subjects for no reason.

desperate for points? you only can sue points from 6 subjects.. :confused:

Also, I am doing the LCVP as a backup point thing and Irish I'm doing pass.. which I wouldn't do if I had the option.

What I can't understand is some people doing 3 or 4 pass subjects :confused:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2 Imreoir

I do 8 subjects, all honnors
    English, Irish, Maths, French, Physics, Biology and Business. Do Ag. Economics outside school.
    Do 8 subjects cos you must do 7 in school and took up Ag.Ec cos its easy enough to get on well in...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 902 ✭✭✭d4gurl

seven all honours! ahh!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,130 ✭✭✭Azureus

seven all honoursc cept maths

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,688 ✭✭✭grimloch

I'm doing 8, all higher.

Doing 8 also means I can take my foot off for a subject or two if I want to. I wouldn't like to rely on English either. It all looks a little unpredicatable for my liking.

Plus Classical Studies (my extra subject) is the highlight of my academic week. I love Classics.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 335 ✭✭katiegordon

I do 8 because I cant depend on languages for points im more of a memorising sort of person!!!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,264 ✭✭✭JBoyle4eva

I'm doing NINE(Phys/Chem(Undecided on level, depends how course turns out next year),English(Hons),Irish(Pass),Maths(Pass),French(Hons),Business(Hons),Ag. Science(Hons), Home Ec(Hons) and LCVP.

I'm thinking of teaching myself Russian and doing the exam. I would think it'd be handy for me.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,880 ✭✭✭Raphael

JBoyle4eva wrote:
    I'm doing NINE(Phys/Chem(Undecided on level, depends how course turns out next year),English(Hons),Irish(Pass),Maths(Pass),French(Hons),Business(Hons),Ag. Science(Hons), Home Ec(Hons) and LCVP.

I'm thinking of teaching myself Russian and doing the exam. I would think it'd be handy for me.
    Japanese is a much easier language gramatically.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 377 ✭✭Aporia

I'm doing -

Business
    Biology
    Art
    Geography
    German
    English

All higher.

Also, I'm doing pass Irish as a back up really but if I pass everything in my pre's I'll be tempted to let it go.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 111 ✭✭lyrama

I'm doing 8 subs at the moment, but before Christmas I had 9 which really shattered me... bad idea anyone thinking about it! Now I'm doing; Irish, English, French, German, Art, Maths, Biology and Geography, higher level.... ARGGHHH!

• Registered Users Posts: 26,928 ✭✭✭✭rainbow kirby

Back in the day, I did 8. 7 honours (English, French, Maths, Physics, Applied Maths, Chemistry, Accounting) and pass Irish. Ended up with 570.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,225 ✭✭✭JackKelly

Did seven. Six honours and one pass.

English Irish Maths Spanish Music Chemistry Physics.

Advertisement