Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Hostels

Options
  • 08-02-2006 7:19pm
    Registered Users Posts: 14

Myself and a couple of mates (all female) are planning on going to Kilkenny for a weekend at the begining of March.

Could anybody recommend a good hostel or even a cheap hotel??
    What is the nightlife like in the town also. Where are the best places to go clubbing etc??

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 10,984 ✭✭✭✭Lump

There's a Hostel in the centre of town. It's alright, it's on Parliment street. There's also one out side the town, might be unsuitable, it's about 10 miles outside. It's in Folksrath Castle I think.

Night life is good, everywhere's busy, most people visiting go to Langtons, but that may not be your thing, there's about 6 night clubs to choose from an about 80 pubs ;) You won't get a cheap hotel, with all the Stag/hen night, there fairly expensive, you might get a B&B cheaply though.

John

• Registered Users Posts: 18,484 ✭✭✭✭Stephen

Dunno about the hotels John, there's a lot more competition for them now with all thew new ones cropping up - 5 new hotels in Kilkenny since jan 2005, though I don't think all of them are open yet.

Excately, they're not open yet, so people are milking it. The Newpark is €99 for a double room I think....

You could always sleep on a building site ;)

John

• Registered Users Posts: 18,484 ✭✭✭✭Stephen

Some of them are, the kilkenny inn (think that's what its called) on vicar st is, and i think lyrath estate is too, although that's rather posh and out of town. Days Inn on the ring road will be open pretty soon.

Fair enough then. Altough, if he was looking at hostels (Around €15 a night Inc breakfast) a hotel's a big jump, even if it's cheap :)

John

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 845 ✭✭✭djpaul

Myself and a couple of mates (all female) are planning on going to Kilkenny for a weekend at the begining of March.

Could anybody recommend a good hostel or even a cheap hotel??
    What is the nightlife like in the town also. Where are the best places to go clubbing etc??

B+B @ kilford arms €35pp, cheapest around, nice breakfast:D The venue is good for clubbing.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,964 ✭✭✭Hmm_Messiah

there is a hostel on william street too

and a few places that do board only, e.g. the place over xtravision

i think kilkenny inn is 35 a night. it was anways

• Closed Accounts Posts: 171 ✭✭DilbertPartII

there is a hostel on william street too

and a few places that do board only, e.g. the place over xtravision

i think kilkenny inn is 35 a night. it was anways

35 is about the going rate generally there so, is it?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,964 ✭✭✭Hmm_Messiah

The Galway Hotel Guide, hotels in Galway city and county

are you paying consultancy rates to do your research for you ?

Advertisement