Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Problem After Patch?

Options
  • 08-02-2006 7:47pm
    Registered Users Posts: 14,181 ✭✭✭✭

Anyone having problems playing after the patch? I can log on but everyone is coming up as "Unknown Entity" and it wont show armor or weapons. Then I get diss'd after about 2 minutes. There seems to be a couple of people on the official forums with the same problem. there was a blue post suggesting deleting my WTF WDB and Interface folders and reconfiguring my router, both of which I did but to no avail. No blue post been made since then.

/me twiddles thumbs

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 14,181 ✭✭✭✭Jim

Hmm, ok. Seems to be if I log my toons who are in high pop places (Ogri / IF etc...) I get dc'd, but if I log toons who are in low pop places like Durotar or Ashenvale I can play fine.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 14,711 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dcully

Try this.

1. Go to Start > Control Panel
    2. Double click to open Network Connections
    3. Right click on your network adapter used to connect to the internet (usually called Local Area Connection) and go to properties.
    4. Click the Configure button and go to the Advanced tab.
    5. Please disable the following options if present: Checksum Offload or Hardware Checksumming
    Please set the following options (if present) to Force 100 Full Duplex (the wording of the option may vary or you may need to select Force 10 Full Duplex for an older network): Connection Type, Speed and Duplex Settings or Media Type
    If present, please set the Optimize for option to Throughput
    6. Click on Ok.

Word of warning,i had to change "Force 100 Full Duplex " to auto as everytime i booted up the pc i had no broadband on pc but router was all ok so each time i had to restart the pc.
    Setting this to auto sorted this minor issue for me.
    Also once i reinstalled CT mod,PVP log mods after deleting folders these settings went back to origional settings and ultimately the same "unknown entity" came back folowed by constant disconnects.
    As a result i have no mods installed now and all is perfect.

I kid you not i had a solid month of no wow until i tried the above.
    Good luck with it.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,942 ✭✭✭Mac daddy

I have the same problem when i play with my mage lvl45 in the hinterlands after two/three mins it disconnects.

when i play with my alt's lvl20 rogue and 21lock - it works fine.

No problems on the router, no problems with my connection this occured after the patch update yesterday afternoon.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 829 ✭✭✭Bartonprince

Anyone having problems playing after the patch? I can log on but everyone is coming up as "Unknown Entity" and it wont show armor or weapons. Then I get diss'd after about 2 minutes. There seems to be a couple of people on the official forums with the same problem. there was a blue post suggesting deleting my WTF WDB and Interface folders and reconfiguring my router, both of which I did but to no avail. No blue post been made since then.

/me twiddles thumbs

Ok, cullys suggestion is the correct one.

To fix this you need to do what he said with the changing the duplex type. I think it's to 10/full. Also, remove WoW.exe from your firewall exceptions list and then launch the game again and it will re-add it for you.

I had this problem before and changing those setting worked.
    It's weird how it only affects the higher pop servers.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 14,711 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dcully

Just wondering if you got sorted yet Jim?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14,181 ✭✭✭✭Jim

Dcully wrote:
    Just wondering if you got sorted yet Jim?
    Aye, didn't do the above, just tried a different ethernet adapter.

Advertisement