Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Everton v Chelsea

• 08-02-2006 9:01pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 20,346 ✭✭✭✭

Wtf was that sign doing in the goal that injured Evertons keeper?
    Chelsea
    C Cudicini, G Johnson, R Huth, J Terry, W Gallas, E Gudjohnsen, S Wright-Phillips, F Lampard, M Essien, A Robben, H Crespo
    Subs: P Cech, A Del Horno, N Maniche, J Cole, N Geremi

Everton
    I Turner, T Hibbert, D Weir, M Ferrari, P Neville, J Nuno Valente, M Arteta, K Kilbane, L Osman, T Cahill, J Beattie
    Subs: R Wright, G Naysmith, S Davies, J McFadden, L Carsley

Ref: P Dowd
    Middlesbrough 0 - 0 Coventry L

kdjac

Comments

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 12,294 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kingp35

WTF was the keeper doing playing in the net when there was a sign saying "Do not use - Please use temporary goal" or why didnt he move it.

Still what a time for the young lad to get a game.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,800 ✭✭✭county

crazy stuff all right
    2-1 to chelsea imo

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,894 ✭✭✭evad_lhorg

where is this on? what channel?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,341 ✭✭✭✭Chucky the tree

what happened?

bbc1

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,800 ✭✭✭county

its on bbc

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 20,346 ✭✭✭✭KdjaCL

Its on BBC Wright was warming up in the goal and tipped a shot over the bar, but someone left a "PLEASE USE THE TEMP GOAL" sign in the net he landed on it and is out of the match.

:confused:

kdjac

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 12,294 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kingp35

By the way the pitch is absolutely awful. A disgrace for a Premiership side.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,341 ✭✭✭✭Chucky the tree

very strange.

Bet ya people will start saying how chelsea did it on purpose to get an advantage.

goal. robben. 1-0 chelsea. great play. everton doing well though

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,473 ✭✭✭Roddy23

Nice goal by robben

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,432 ✭✭✭✭Rikand

middlesborough 1 - 0 Coventry

Hasselbaink

Cant stand Le Saux, didnt think there could be anybody as annoying a comentator as Motson. Anybody know if 5 live are doing commentary on this one?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,589 ✭✭✭✭Necronomicon

Look at the quality of Crespo, killed the ball on his chest and what a pass. Nice finish by Robben....it's a good thing nobody injured him when they crowded around him in celebration :)

2-0 lampard penalty

3-0 crespo header. great ball

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,589 ✭✭✭✭Necronomicon

I thought Everton were doing quite well up until the first goal.
    For the 3rd I was wondering why Crespo was celebrating, at first glance it looked like Lampard had bulleted it straight into the net.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,399 ✭✭✭✭Thanx 4 The Fish

Bloody man marking, is beaten by a good ball every time. Cannot believe that people still use that system. Huth completely unmarked in the box unluck not to score and then Crespo stick one too.

Give me Zonal every time.

Come on everton, comeback country here.

Dont know T4TF, you'd want to have very competent defenders, and a manager who understands how to defend properly.

forget that comeback, Chelsea 4-1 terry

• Advertisement

Interesting that every time a goal goes in va ateam that uses zonal defence there is a massive inquest yet when they go in by an unmarked man in man for man there is nothing said. Lead me to believe that alot of people who complain about it only do so because of the team that do it and not the system.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,235 ✭✭✭iregk

well zonal marking is in theory very good but good teams can exploit it. man for man is the way to go providing you match up equally i.e. you dont put sami hyypia on thierry henry!

still chelsea were quite classy last night, crespo sublime touches for robben goal.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,617 ✭✭✭✭PHB

I'd say in the air Hyypia would easily deal with Henry :)

But if you are playing against a team that can exploit man to man then it is not the way to go either. We have now seen that Chelsea can exploit both man v man marking and zonal, now what's the difference between them ? United score goals from set pieces more in man v man than they do in Zonal, why is man v man better, come on, somebody come up with something better than because I hate all things liverpool which is really what people are saying when they say "really good teams can beat it" means because really good teams can beat anything.

Jeasus slow down there sunshine no where in that post did it turn into a rant against Liverpool. I think the paranoia is firmly setting in!

Wasn't that post in particular young un' was making a point generally regarding the reason that people slate the Zoanl system when Man for man has been leaking goals for years.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,064 ✭✭✭BKtje

well as andy gray would say, ive never seen space score a goal :p

Prob not a good argument but all i got ;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,935 ✭✭✭eyerer

well, nothing is gonna work all the time
    and like stated good players can beat either system given enough chances

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,064 ✭✭✭BKtje

Well there are ways to beat the zonal i guess like loading a lot of players into the one space or looking for the smallest player on their team and then stick ur biggest man attacking that space.

I guess it depends on what works for you.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 460 ✭✭dcarroll

Bloody man marking, is beaten by a good ball every time. Cannot believe that people still use that system. Huth completely unmarked in the box unluck not to score and then Crespo stick one too.

Give me Zonal every time.
    you obviously havent watched liverpools last 3 matches then

The thing is zonal and man for man have their weak points. Zonal, over load particular zone as teams are doing against liverpool at set pieces. Man for man the marker looses his man and coneeds a goal.

They both have plus and minus signs hanging over them. Football is all about mistakes however. If nobody on the pitch made a mistake then there would be no goals.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 559 ✭✭✭Triton

iregk wrote:
    The thing is zonal and man for man have their weak points. Zonal, over load particular zone as teams are doing against liverpool at set pieces. Man for man the marker looses his man and coneeds a goal.

They both have plus and minus signs hanging over them. Football is all about mistakes however. If nobody on the pitch made a mistake then there would be no goals.

Not always. You can have moments of unbelievable skill eg. Rooney's goal against Newcastle last year.

Oh absolutely but you could also say that a defender if not making a mistake would have read it etc...

its all a bit deep.

Advertisement