Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Sodom

• 08-02-2006 9:09pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,552 ✭✭✭

hey i was just wondering if anyone knows anything about Sodom? ive been recommended to listen to them and i was wondering what their best album/song is coz i wanna hear one of their bad releases and think theyre bad...

thankin you
    Sven

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,848 ✭✭✭✭Doctor J

I had a copy of Agent Orange back in the day... twas ok, nothing amazing. There are a lot of way better bands IMO.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,552 ✭✭✭Steoob

but you might have had a bad alvbum tho...thats my worry...

does anyone here like them?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 456 ✭✭Arucard

Sodom are pretty middle of the road - Agent Orange is one of their more popular albums, but its fairly uninteresting thrash. Persecution Mania has more black metal influence if you like that, thats the one id probably get if i were you. they're nothing special tho, faaaar from it. do yourself a favour and get some Nevermore instead.

i should point out that i dont know what their later stuff was like, maybe they got better, maybe...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,552 ✭✭✭Steoob

thankin you for the info... im not too fond of nevermore i just hate the sgining but the music is pretty cool...whats the sodom singing like?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 456 ✭✭Arucard

thats actually a common complaint about Nevermore; i wasnt mad on Warrels' vox at first either. as for Sodom, vox are fairly clean, a little raspy.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 192 ✭✭toffo

Obsessed by Cruelty, and Agent Orange are ok. Go for Persecution Mania is probably they're best, of the early stuff. Haven't heard the later stuff, heard it's terrible.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 52 ✭✭moshmonkey666

Sodom are ****ing fantastic!!!! try the One Night In Bangkok live album! amazing!

Advertisement