Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Next Galway Beers

Options
  • 08-02-2006 11:05pm
    Registered Users Posts: 14,163 ✭✭✭✭

Ok so start namin places and dates lets get the ball rolling

i say Roisin's or Blue Note as a start then wherever.

date mnah within the month.

whats the story with you students? have you any exams or is RAG week gonna mess everything?

what date 9 votes

23rd
    0% 0 votes
    24th
    100% 9 votes

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,352 ✭✭✭plonk

How about the bier house, Sallys and An tobar

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 10,563 Mod ✭✭✭✭Robbo

These things always end up in the Blue Note. Nothing particularly wrong with the place but I'm a bit bored of it. The Roisin is far too cramped and there's bugger all chance of seating in there. Moreover, it has been decided by committee that "your haircut must be at least this 'indie rock' to enter" on most nights.

Massimo? Somewhere really odd like PJ Flahertys in Lower Salthill? Salthill in general?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,184 ✭✭✭Fey!

I know I'm new here, but have you considered The Bal in Salthill - it's supposed to be lovely since it was done up. Then you have PJ O'Flahertys and Wards on the way into town, Massimo, Roisins, then over the bridge to An Tobar and possibly Blu.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 468 ✭✭MrJones

The Bal? is this a pub?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,184 ✭✭✭Fey!

MrJones wrote:
    The Bal? is this a pub?

It's beside O'Connors in Salthill (to the left between the 2 lanes as you look at O'Connors).

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 468 ✭✭MrJones

has it always been there coz i never noticed it. many's da time i cycled and drove down that way.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 425 ✭✭silverlining

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,484 ✭✭✭JIZZLORD

w00 beer!!

• Registered Users Posts: 15,815 ✭✭✭✭po0k

Dates?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,339 ✭✭✭✭tman

friday the 24th?

• Advertisement

Sounds good..

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,096 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tar.Aldarion

Hmm. We'll see.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,165 ✭✭✭DEmeant0r

Is the 24th part of the GMIT rag week or NUIG?

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,096 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tar.Aldarion

think ours started on teh 26th or something.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,930 ✭✭✭✭TerrorFirmer

think ours started on teh 26th or something.

What Tar is really saying there is that the 24th is perfect for a pre-emptive strike on the liver

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,352 ✭✭✭plonk

24th sounds gr8 end of gmit rag week and my b-day. Woo hoo:D

• Registered Users Posts: 14,163 ✭✭✭✭danniemcq

ah ropedrink come on book it off, you know you want to!

so the pubs are

the bal
    Sallys
    Beir house
    Blue note

any other options

is the date set for the 24th?

23rd?

SyxPak wrote:
    23rd?

If the 23rd is a thursday, you can go.....do something to yourself....syxpak!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,711 ✭✭✭Redhairedguy

23rd or 24th (preferably 24th) at the Beirhaus sounds fantastic!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,484 ✭✭✭JIZZLORD

friday is a no pour moi!

I thinks a poll might be in order.

If it's not on a Friday, then there no chance of me being there anyway......damn having to get up at 7am for work on Friday morning :o

Poll probably be the best idea!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,349 ✭✭✭nobodythere

I've never heard of this "Bal" thing you speak of

Poll Poll Poll Poll Poll Poll Poll Poll Poll Poll Poll Poll Poll Poll Poll Poll Poll Poll Poll Poll Poll Poll Poll Poll Poll Poll Poll Poll Poll Poll Poll Poll Poll Poll Poll Poll Poll Poll Poll Poll Poll Poll Poll Poll Poll Poll Poll Poll Poll Poll Poll Poll Poll Poll Poll Poll Poll Poll Poll Poll Poll Poll Poll Poll Poll Poll Poll Poll Poll Poll Poll Poll Poll Poll Poll Poll Poll Poll Poll Poll Poll Poll Poll Poll Poll Poll Poll Poll Poll Poll Poll Poll Poll Poll Poll Poll Poll Poll Poll Poll Poll Poll Poll Poll Poll Poll Poll Poll Poll Poll Poll Poll Poll Poll Poll Poll Poll Poll Poll Poll Poll Poll Poll Poll Poll Poll Poll Poll Poll Poll Poll Poll Poll Poll Poll Poll Poll Poll Poll Poll Poll Poll Poll Poll Poll Poll Poll Poll Poll Poll Poll Poll Poll Poll Poll Poll Poll Poll Poll Poll......... Wheeeeeeeeee......

Here's hoping for the 24th

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,349 ✭✭✭nobodythere

Can you edit this thread to include a poll or do we've to start a new one

• Registered Users Posts: 919 ✭✭✭timeout

I would like to attend this event for the first time. 23rd is prefered not sure about 24th yet.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,882 ✭✭✭fozzle

I work most Thursday and Friday nights in a pub, so honestly, that's the last place I want to be if I've a night off. How about having it earlier in the week when we've more thyan a snowflake's chance in hell of getting seats anywhere in town?

• Registered Users Posts: 919 ✭✭✭timeout

fozzle wrote:
    How about having it earlier in the week when we've more thyan a snowflake's chance in hell of getting seats anywhere in town?

Acutally thats quite true, it could be very busy with no seats and nobody will be able to hear anything.Perhaps a sunday or monday instead then?

• Advertisement

timeout wrote:
    Acutally thats quite true, it could be very busy with no seats and nobody will be able to hear anything.Perhaps a sunday or monday instead then?

Do none of you lads actually work a proper job that you can go out on a sunday or monday night?? :v:

I have to be up at 7 for work monday to friday....:(

Advertisement