Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back a page or two to re-sync the thread and this will then show latest posts. Thanks, Mike.

Meteor... am i the only one??

• 08-02-2006 11:43pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,600 ✭✭✭

you know the operator logo?? well mine suddenly changed to "meteor mobile" instead of just "meteor" anyone else get this??

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,324 ✭✭✭chrislad

First I've heard of it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,819 ✭✭✭rymus

mine still says meteor anyway

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 10,686 Mod ✭✭✭✭melekalikimaka

what phone ya usin?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,452 ✭✭✭thehomeofDob

Meteor here... on a z800. Has always been Meteor, unless I'm down the country and it's O2.

• Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 21,504 Mod ✭✭✭✭Agent Smith

Meteor here....

Are you bill pay or PAYG

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,600 ✭✭✭Cutie18Ireland

PAYG its a nokia 6101 i just went on wap came off and it had changed....

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 23,231 Mod ✭✭✭✭godtabh

Mines meteor.

I wonder are they gona change the logo now that Eircom ownes them.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,133 ✭✭✭Barrie

Happens on Vodafone with me.Usually it says "Vodafone Irl" And then when I come off the wap it says "Vodafone Ireland".It does this sometimes doesn't bother me though.

PAYG its a nokia 6101 i just went on wap came off and it had changed....
    They must have added a long name to the network. This always happens on Nokia phones on Vodafone, where the long name is "Vodafone-Ireland" and the short name is either "vodafone IE", "VFI" or (in buggy firmware) VF□.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,174 ✭✭✭1huge1

ive a v3x on 3 and it says 3 but its a picture not a word, wonder why the other networks havent done this

• Advertisement

well its been there constantly since last night... ah well just looks weird

• Closed Accounts Posts: 118 ✭✭dubadubdub

Actually switched to Meteor today - after all the good advice on here re: call costs. Mine just says Meteor.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,412 ✭✭✭fletch

You seem to be the only one

I'll try my Meteor SIM in my 6680 later and see what happens.

EDIT: Nope, still says Meteor even after using WAP. Strange.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,696 ✭✭✭ciaran76

Checked my girlfriends phone last night and it just said "Meteor"

looks like its just me then... weird!

turns out its not just me, my kid sisters is the same now lol

• Closed Accounts Posts: 180 ✭✭xXxnaoisexXx

no its on my phone too...... just came tonight though

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,940 ✭✭✭✭Mimikyu

This post has been deleted.

• Registered Users Posts: 68 ✭✭Net1

Me too ! "Meteor Mobile" from aboy 10 last night

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 936 ✭✭✭marshmallow

Yeah, I noticed this as well. Mine just changed to Meteor Mobile sometime in the past week.. Dunno how it happened but it's hardly gonna make a difference to anything is it?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 24,924 ✭✭✭✭BuffyBot

Mine is still Meteor. I suspect they could be gradually changing it to Meteor Mobile and possibly eircom Mobile in time to come..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 118 ✭✭dubadubdub

BuffyBot wrote:
    Mine is still Meteor. I suspect they could be gradually changing it to Meteor Mobile and possibly eircom Mobile in time to come..

Seems they will keep the meteor mobile brand for the personal use market and eircom mobile will be the corporate sector brand. Hopefully they won't use this as an excuse to up their charges!

Seems they will keep the meteor mobile brand for the personal use market and eircom mobile will be the corporate sector brand. Hopefully they won't use this as an excuse to up their charges!

I've read that as being rumoured, but it doesn't really make much sense from a branding point of view. Who knows if the person who wrote the original story even had any relevant information of was just speculating. Either way, eircom haven't said - although the recent tweaking of the Meteor logo seen on adds etc does lend weight to the "slow conversion" theory.

dubadubdub wrote:
    If Meteor upped their charges then they're toast. They'd be no competition to Vodafone or O2.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,221 ✭✭✭BrianD

Karsini wrote:
    If Meteor upped their charges then they're toast. They'd be no competition to Vodafone or O2.

Why not? They have the coverage and capacity. They carried more texts then O2 on New Years Eve.

On an aside, I notice that 'Eircell purple' is now in the Meteor logo.

I was gonna mention that alright, is there any possibility they'd bring back the Eircell brand? I'd wonder if they could though....

A lot of people still assume "meteor are crap, their coverage is crap..." etc, so I'd say that alone would be enough to cause serious problems for them if they raised prices.

I'd wonder if they could though....

I'm fairly sure they didn't retain the Eircell name - they demerged Eircell from eircom into a seperate company, which was gobbled up by Vodafone - which would lead me to think that Vodafone would now own the name Eircell.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,172 ✭✭✭✭kmart6

Mine changed last night!!!

• Advertisement

Here's a question for everyone who's oplogo has changed, do you all have Nokia phones?

Advertisement