Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back a page or two to re-sync the thread and this will then show latest posts. Thanks, Mike.

Meteor... am i the only one??

2»

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,412 ✭✭✭fletch

I got a message asking did I want to update my time and date...I clicked OK....and then my operator logo changed...if I had said no to the update of the date and time, would the logo not have changed?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,469 ✭✭✭Pythia

BrianD wrote:
    Why not? They have the coverage and capacity. They carried more texts then O2 on New Years Eve.

On an aside, I notice that 'Eircell purple' is now in the Meteor logo.

Link?
    Haven't seen that yet.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,600 ✭✭✭Cutie18Ireland

Karsini wrote:
    Here's a question for everyone who's oplogo has changed, do you all have Nokia phones?

yup and my sister who got it does too...other has a sagem and hasnt changed and the bf has a sharp it hasnt changed either

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,611 ✭✭✭✭Sam Vimes

my gfs changed last night. she has a nokia. but mine hasnt changed and i have a nokia too

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,172 ✭✭✭✭kmart6

well mine has changed and i have a Nokia 6230 but my girlfriends hasnt and she has a 6101

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,611 ✭✭✭✭Sam Vimes

my gf has a 6230 as well. but i don't think its to do with the type of phone because cutie18ireland has a 6101 too

yeah i know but i was just sayin cause there both Nokia's

Just as I thought. It seems only Nokia phones support changing the logo over GPRS. I've never seen it change on any other make. And up to now I've only ever seen it on Vodafone.

But why Vodafone use "VFI" on the series 40 phones I've no idea, it just looks stupid in my opinion.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,390 ✭✭✭Stench Blossoms

Mine changed the other day aswell. Thought it was a bit strange alright.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,600 ✭✭✭Cutie18Ireland

now mine has changed back to just meteor lol

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,809 ✭✭✭edanto

If you want to get rid of it, use your phone to browse to

http://www.gmayer.net/oplogo/blank.asp and it'll download a blank logo.

Photos look so much sweeter without a phone company name plastered across them!

Mine changed back to Meteor yesterday evening....very strange!!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 936 ✭✭✭marshmallow

Karsini wrote:
    Here's a question for everyone who's oplogo has changed, do you all have Nokia phones?

Yup, mine's Nokia.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 936 ✭✭✭marshmallow

kmart6 wrote:
    Mine changed back to Meteor yesterday evening....very strange!!!

Just checked mine now and it's back to just Meteor too!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 69,465 ✭✭✭✭L1011

My Nokia never changed to anything but "Meteor", and its modern enough for them to have even sent nasty graphics to it to make it do so, if they wanted ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,333 ✭✭✭Zambia

If you have a "Meteor mobile " logo connect to wap it will change Back to Meteor , problem solved...

Maybe it was just a test?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,322 ✭✭✭Package

does anyone know how to get the meteor thing of the phone in the first place,,, im using a 6210i i think,, does anyone have any secret codes or interesting stuff for it?

Advertisement