Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Actual Ds Lite Photos

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,488 ✭✭✭Goodshape

The shots look a bit grubby, but whatever. Looks cool. I want one.

• Registered Users Posts: 26,578 ✭✭✭✭Creamy Goodness

except for it being more flush and a different colour, there's not much difference unless they mean lite as in it is light weight

• Registered Users Posts: 27,322 ✭✭✭✭super_furry

Hmmmm looks nice, but where's the power switch?

• Registered Users Posts: 26,578 ✭✭✭✭Creamy Goodness

Hmmmm looks nice, but where's the power switch?
    it's probably on one of the sides.

Cremo wrote:
    there's not much difference
    to the original DS? It's a good bit smaller I think is the main difference.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 17,065 ✭✭✭✭Tusky

Looks like something from the pound shop.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,480 ✭✭✭projectmayhem

looks like a nintendo ipod

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 10,247 Mod ✭✭✭✭flogen

Interesting, not great pictures, makes it look a bit grubby almost... are they actual size? (or close to it)
    One thing, the side with the GBA slot... is that a cart in there or is there some kind of white cover over it??

Who am I kidding, I'm getting one of these... full stop! I just hope they have some kind of firmware update, the interface on the DS sucks... I'd love to see some PSP style firmware updates coming out, perhaps ones you can get over wifi

flogen wrote:
    are they actual size? (or close to it)
    Don't think that's possible on a computer screen, is it? What with different resolutions and all that jazz.
    is that a cart in there or is there some kind of white cover over it??
    Looks like a cover to me.

Pics look to have bad lighting anyway (look at the colour difference between the last two shots.. one's gray, the others white). Also looks like it's been knocking about for a while. Probably something that's been knocking about the office for a while, rather than an off-the-shelf model.

Goodshape wrote:
    Don't think that's possible on a computer screen, is it? What with different resolutions and all that jazz.

Hrmm, not sure about that now... It's just on my PC the screens seemed a very close size match to my current DS, and it's supposed to be no different for the lite model..

• Advertisement

nintendo_ds_lite_back.jpg

Hang on, what be that black thing on the middle left of that picture? Doesn't look like a power button or contrast button to me....

nintendo_ds_lite_top_bottom.jpg

Also, look at the power cable slot... it looks smaller than the current DS on. considering the current one is almost twice as big as the DS cart slot but the one in that pic is the same width... don't tell me it's a different plug??!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 220 ✭✭Flashraziel

It's the stylus holder.

It's the stylus holder.

lol.
    Duh flogen... you know that thing that helps make the DS so unique? Yeah.. that's it!!!

(next I'll be asking what the second screen does :))

• Closed Accounts Posts: 220 ✭✭Flashraziel

Dont beat yourself up over it. I only know what it is from reading the comments underneath. I do, however know what the second screen does : )

• Registered Users Posts: 861 ✭✭✭yawnstretch

http://forum.gamesradar.com/viewtopic.php?t=83571&start=240

Scroll down for side angle pics and innards.

Mmmm- innnnardss :p

• Registered Users Posts: 4,510 ✭✭✭sprinkles

well there's a power button.

Doesn't look like the finished product though.....but too yellow (although that might be the camera)

The colours have been announced:
    Crystal White (which we've seen)
    Ice Blue
    Enamel Navy
    http://www.nintendo.co.jp/ds/lite/color/index.html

I think I'll stick with the white... oh and look; matching Stylus colours!

(They've also said that they hope voice chatting will be enabled for metroid; just for lobby chatting though and not in game)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,653 ✭✭✭steviec

Reduced size was badly needed for the DS, it's massive.

Still, not a big enough deal for me to buy a second DS. Nice for new buyers though.

Advertisement