Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Monster Cables

2»

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,225 ✭✭✭Chardee MacDennis

go to itunes - download the vidcast(video podcast) episode of Systm(it's spelt right) that shows you how to make better cables for cheaper, well worth a look even if you just wanna know what all the info on the boxes actually means. btw apparently no-one in the industry buys cables they all make em.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,315 ✭✭✭quazzy

MarkR wrote:
    Bought some monster plugs in B&Q a couple of weeks ago, haven't used them yet as I'm waiting on a TV and couldn't be bothered til it's here!

It's a digital coaxial cable kit 15m plus 1 m gold plated scart lead. Came with
    • 15m Digital Coaxial Cable
    • Coaxial plugs 9.5mm x 2 pieces
    • Female coaxial coupler x 1 piece
    • 2 way splitter x 1 piece
    • Cable clips z 5
    • 1 m gold plated scart lead.
    Thery were only about a fiver each, so I though I was doing well. Got two of them at the time :)

That seems pretty cheap.
    Was it a sale? Or some form of Bargain Bin with loadsa odds n ends?

• Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators Posts: 11,141 Mod ✭✭✭✭MarkR

There was loads of them, I guess they just weren't selling. Placed at the end of the aisle type of sale. I'll check out the current price this weekend. I only wanted the scart, but I might replace my down lead from satelite now..

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 8,766 Mod ✭✭✭✭mossym

Calibos wrote:
    Mocking you personally, No. Mocking ''Top Quality Sound'' and ''Bose'' in the same sentence! Yes:D

i think he means that bose have done what monster have done..great marketing behind a really ordinary product..in fact, monster at least are quality cables..they just charge a lot for them..

bose on the other hand, i would struggle to find a single redeeming feature with..

Advertisement