Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back a page or two to re-sync the thread and this will then show latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Cannot sign into Messenger or Hotmail

• 09-02-2006 9:16am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,138 ✭✭✭

Have a problem and I cannot get to the bottom of it. On my Laptop I cannot sign into MSN Messenger or Hotmail webpage. I have checked my Firewall is allowing and all seems ok there. I have a real earlier version of messenger on the laptop and that signs in ok. Also I cannot check my hotmail through outlook express either. I have ran Spybot and Adaware incase it was spyware problem, Also ran Norton antivirus scan but nothing seems to solve it. I have tried re installing Messenger 7.5 but no avail. I have never had a problem like this wind me up so much!

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 359 ✭✭jayo2004

Check the date on your pc if it wrong hotmail wont work??

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,138 ✭✭✭snaps

date time etc all correct

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,212 ✭✭✭✭Tom Dunne

Do you have Norton Internet Security?

If so, it may be blocking the traffic. Try disabling it completely (make sure every component is disabled).

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,463 ✭✭✭shinzon

snaps you dont say what your connecting with, whether a dial up modem BB modem or router

But the fix for hotmail and messenger on a router anyways is that you need to set the MTU size in your router to 1400, usually set to 1500 or 1495, for some reason messenger and hotmail will not transmit at a speed higher then 1400

If its not a router then NVM

Shin

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 816 ✭✭✭Cryos

snaps wrote:
    Have a problem and I cannot get to the bottom of it. On my Laptop I cannot sign into MSN Messenger or Hotmail webpage. I have checked my Firewall is allowing and all seems ok there. I have a real earlier version of messenger on the laptop and that signs in ok. Also I cannot check my hotmail through outlook express either. I have ran Spybot and Adaware incase it was spyware problem, Also ran Norton antivirus scan but nothing seems to solve it. I have tried re installing Messenger 7.5 but no avail. I have never had a problem like this wind me up so much!

Download microsoft anti spyware, it will show up any misconfigurations on the internet side and any software that could be messing it up, it detects stuff adaware and spybot miss out on

• Advertisement
Advertisement