Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Matt Cappotelli has brain cancer

• 09-02-2006 9:29am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,045 ✭✭✭

From the observers site:

Matt Cappotelli announced in the ring at the Danny Davis Arena in Louisville that he had brain cancer in a long and highly emotional and religious speech.

The 26-year-old OVW champion gave the championship belt back to Danny Davis, saying that he can't do the title justice because he can't defend it. He said that his doctors told him, on a scale of one-to-four, four being the worst, that his cancer was a two. He said he was exploring his options but would be undergoing surgery, and likely chemotherapy. His doctors told him it was too soon to determine whether he would wrestle again. The building was in tears as Cappotelli, who stopped several times, got down and prayed in the ring, and said he would like to get in contact with anyone in pain and try and help them through it. All the wrestlers surrounded the ring as he gave his speech. All of the wrestlers got in the ring with him.

The show ended before 10 p.m. Eastern time, and Cappotelli stayed until past midnight talking to every fan who wanted to talk with him, exchanging addresses, numbers or e-mails, until he had talked with virtually every fan that attended the show.

The speech will air on the OVW TV show that airs on Saturday.

They did a regular television taping up until that point, which featured The Miz & Chris Cage winning the tag team titles from Seth Skyfire & Chet the Jet.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,034 ✭✭✭Devon

From what I remember on TE3, Matt had HUGE potential to make it big in the business. He had everything right from the look to the attitude. I hope he gets over this and comes back to eventually make it big in the WWE. Get well soon Matt.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,792 ✭✭✭J.R.HARTLEY

thats a terrible tragedy, 26 years old, hopefully he can recover well and lead a good and productive liffe afterwards.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 291 ✭✭yak_kadafi

damn that sucks....................
    i remember watchin him on tough enough and he seemed like the one that had the "look" and personality to get far into the business....
    wish him the best of luck.........

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,045 ✭✭✭Vince135792003

From the torch website:

OVW correspondent Eric Hall sent in the following account of Ohio Valley Wrestling Heavyweight champion Matt Cappotelli's first public words since being diagnosed with a brain tumor at the Feb. 8 OVW TV taping in Louisville, Ky.

I don't mean to exaggerate, but this was a religious experience. Cappotelli came out, turned over the belt to Danny Davis, talked honestly with the crowd about his condition, talked about chemotherapy and brain surgery, and then prayed with the audience. And everyone prayed with him. All the wrestlers, heels and babyfaces, surrounded the ring. When it was over, Jeter came in the ring - out of character - and hugged Cappotelli. After the show, Cappotelli stood at the front door and hugged every single member of the crowd. He was there until after Midnight, and the speech ended at 9:45. He prayed with people. He shook hands. He hugged. He took pictures. I have never in my life experienced anything like that. Did Paul E. do this stuff in ECW? No one who was here tonight left unchanged. I can't describe it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,497 ✭✭✭✭Dragan

Man thats rough. He seems like a good guy. He just wanted to learn, and he faced and beat his doubts after Holly went to town on him.

Wish him all the best and if his health can match his spirit he will get through it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,917 ✭✭✭RebelRockChick

WWE.com has posted footage of the speech he made last night, you can
    view it here

I wish him the best, he has always shown great potential! My prayers and thoughts are with him and his family!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,594 ✭✭✭Fozzy

Hope he makes it through. Always thought he had somethin decent about him

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,045 ✭✭✭Vince135792003

That video clip was really moving. I hope he's okay.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,792 ✭✭✭J.R.HARTLEY

the poor guy, thats a powerful piece, please god everything goes well for him,
    despite his faith or strength , that was a tough thing to do, he's a hell of a guy.

Found this email address if anyone wishes to contact Matt Cappotelli directly, keepthefaithmatt@yahoo.com

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 45,630 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Nice Guy

The clip on WWE.com was probably the toughest thing to watch since the Eddie tributes. I hope he pulls through as he seems like a very nice person.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,010 ✭✭✭littleninja

That is an extremely toughing piece of footage. Hope he gets through this, I watched that Tough Enough and Matt looked the business on it... just the right kinda guy for the business, he's only 26 - there's so much more he can achieve both in and out of the ring. My thoughts go out to him.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 291 ✭✭yak_kadafi

The clip on WWE.com was probably the toughest thing to watch since the Eddie tributes. I hope he pulls through as he seems like a very nice person.

yep agreed...........since eddies death i was hoping never to see anything like it....as in a wrestler facing a life threatening disease/injury and its exactly what I saw in that video..it was extremely moving....get well soon matt

for those of you that havent emailed him...take a few minutes out and give him your support...i have no doubt that we will see the guy wrestling again

yak_kadafi wrote:
    for those of you that havent emailed him...take a few minutes out and give him your support...i have no doubt that we will see the guy wrestling again

I emailed him on Saturday and got the following reply back today:
    sarah-

thank you, I will beat this thing for sure - your letter is another reason for my strength - the support has been overwhelming from all over the world - thank you again.

God Bless,
    Matt

• Registered Users Posts: 1,010 ✭✭✭littleninja

I emailed him last night and got the same reply today.

Advertisement