Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Arguement I need help

• 09-02-2006 10:07am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,220 ✭✭✭

Guys its early in the morning im having a arguement one of the lads from work about naming all of jose's signings for chelsea , We have'd named a few but we are having a huge arguement over who signed peter cech ! HELP

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,800 ✭✭✭county

jose signed him am sure of it

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,842 ✭✭✭s8n

nope, twas the tinker man who signed cech

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,613 ✭✭✭Big Nelly

Tinkerman, but he didnt arrive till Jose was there. Was signed in the transfer window

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,003 ✭✭✭✭The Muppet

Claudio Ranieri definitely signed Cech but he didin't arrive/play at Chelsea until after he got the bullet.

[edit]
    http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport2/hi/football/teams/c/chelsea/3411707.stm
    [/edit]

• Advertisement

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,625 ✭✭✭✭okidoki987

Claudio Ranieri definitely signed Cech but he didin't arrive/play at Chelsea until after he got the bullet

100% bang on.
    Nice start to your career having a goalie like that.
    Good goalies are always very hard to find.

county wrote:
    check down at the bottom of the page

???

Look at the date on the BBC article I linked to. Tinkerman signed him in February he didn't arrive until the summer by which time Jose was in charge.

The Muppet wrote:
    ???

Look at the date on the BBC article I linked to. Tinkerman signed him in February he didn't arrive until the summer by which time Jose was in charge.
    just read it now,i stand corrected

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,220 ✭✭✭20 Times 20 Times

So then he is correct the tinkerman signed cech ?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,117 ✭✭✭✭MrJoeSoap

Yep, Ranieiri signed him, 2 years ago today.
    Ranieri left Chelsea in a very good state for the Special One to inherit. There is a perception that Mourinho signed Arjen Robben, and Petr Čech, which is not the case, they were signed by Ranieri. Ranieri also signed Duff, Lampard, and Makelele, and gave Terry his chance in the first team. These six players are the backbone of Chelsea. Mourinho has made two good additions in, Carvalho, and Ferreira. The money he spent on Drogba and Kezman could have been better spent, but, a successful Premiership campaign (their first in 50 years) and a Carling Cup victory, have made this season a successful one for the London club.

Sarge wrote:
    So then he is correct the tinkerman signed cech ?

Yep.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,544 ✭✭✭redspider

Yes, its true that the revolution at Chelsea started long before Mourinho got there. Abramovich accelerated the transformation with the signings of:

Robben, Cech, Cuducini(?), Duff, Lampard, Makelele, Gallas, Geremi, Carvalho, Ferreira, Crespo, Drogba (Mutu, Kezman), SWP, Maniche
    Terry was there pre-Abramovich.

The transformation also was happening to a certain degree before Abramovich as Bates was investing/spending "heavily" looking for success, although his level of spending was peanuts compared with Abramovich's open cheque book.

Mourinho has helped to shape the team better than Ranieri, although the latter produced more entertaining football arguably and had built the current team up, more or less.

If Barca knock out Chelsea, Uefa and Europe will breath a sigh of relief. If Chelsea win the CL however, there will be a lot of scratching of heads across the football world.

redspider

redspider wrote:

If Barca knock out Chelsea, Uefa and Europe will breath a sigh of relief. If Chelsea win the CL however, there will be a lot of scratching of heads across the football world.

redspider
    your point being?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 664 ✭✭✭Nimrod's Son

redspider wrote:
    Yes, its true that the revolution at Chelsea started long before Mourinho got there. Abramovich accelerated the transformation with the signings of:

Robben, Cech, Cuducini(?), Duff, Lampard, Makelele, Gallas, Geremi, Carvalho, Ferreira, Crespo, Drogba (Mutu, Kezman), SWP, Maniche
    Terry was there pre-Abramovich.

I'm pretty certain Cudicini, Lampard and Gallas were all there pre-Abramovich as well.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,117 ✭✭✭✭MrJoeSoap

THE ABRAMOVICH-ERA SIGNINGS

Didier Drogba £24m
    Ricardo Carvalho £19.9m
    Damien Duff £17m
    Hernan Crespo £16.8m
    Claude Makelele £16.6m
    Adrian Mutu £15.8m
    Juan Sebastian Veron £15m
    Paulo Ferreira £13.2m
    Arjen Robben £12m
    Scott Parker £10m
    Tiago £8m
    Wayne Bridge £7m
    Petr Cech £7m
    Geremi £7m
    Joe Cole £6.6m
    Glen Johnson £6m
    Mateja Kezman £5m
    Alexei Smertin £3.4m
    Jiri Jarosik £3m *
    (* Estimated fee)

Thats from April '05

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,613 ✭✭✭Big Nelly

Alexei Smertin £3.4m
    Jiri Jarosik £3m *

Are the 2 dodgy ones, anyone think money was being put under the table or something? when Smertin arrived Ranieri hadnt a clue who he was and said it was one for the future?? he was 29 or so at that stage. Has been loaned out most of the time

Jarosik came and as well wasn't really playing and was loaned out. Looks a decent player at Brum, One of there best but he won't knock any of the midfielder out of the Chelsea team

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,617 ✭✭✭✭PHB

Jarosik did a job for CHelsea in the second half of last year, and Smertin was just a bad buy.

We also have to add to that:

SWP - 20?
    Del Horno - 13?
    Essien - 20?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,105 ✭✭✭mada999

ha ha ha ha Chelsea will not win the champions league...

I always thought Smertin was purchased so that Roman could have a "Russian" player at his club. I doubt the managers had anything to do with his purchase.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,689 ✭✭✭shepthedog

The Muppet wrote:
    I always thought Smertin was purchased so that Roman could have a "Russian" player at his club. I doubt the managers had anything to do with his purchase.

Yep I agree, I think this was a PR stunt, probably was big news in Russia when Chelsea signed the Russian captain.

Raneiri did make some very good transfers, Cech being one of the best

• Closed Accounts Posts: 460 ✭✭dcarroll

But Mourinho hasn't made a good signing so far, ie pulling a Patrick Vieira out of the AC Milan reserves and building your team around him for the next 9 years

Advertisement