Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Confused about new BT Limits

• 09-02-2006 10:38am
    Registered Users Posts: 428 ✭✭

At your current rate of usage you are likely
    to go over your download limit in 4 days
    Logins 11
    Offpeak Traffic 7476 minutes
    Peak Traffic 3054 minutes
    Data uploaded 16.03 GB [17206720726 bytes]
    Data downloaded 9.41 GB [10101080412 bytes]
    Click here for history

Right now my usage calculator show the above. Very confusing. The limits have been increased to 30 down and 30 up haven't they? The BT site isn't clear on this and I wouldn't phone 'cos I know from experience that I'll be given a different story from each tech support person.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,472 ✭✭✭AdMMM

While not being a BT customer myself, it could just be down to BT not updating their statistics software to reflect the recent changes.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,713 ✭✭✭✭jor el

That's probably the most likely explanation. The usage meter isn't very good anyway and doesn't work for everyone. I stopped looking at mine altogether now. Admittedly it's mainly because I break the cap every month and don't particularly care by how much.

• Registered Users Posts: 428 ✭✭Vunderground

Thanks for the replies. It is supposed to be 30up and 30down, not 30 inclusive, isn't it?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,722 ✭✭✭Thorbar

Has anyone been charged for going over the limit or heard of someone being charged?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 698 ✭✭✭vishal

it says that because it is only the 9th yet, and you have used half of your cap already and presumabaly you got most of it in the last 5 days

• Registered Users Posts: 428 ✭✭Vunderground

Yeah...but it says 'download cap' and ive used half the upload cap not the d/l.
    It's just a bit irritating and it could be very confusing for somebody who didn't read these pages regularly.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,096 ✭✭✭anoble66

think its 30gig either direction, so if you upload 10gig and download 20gig your ok but if that combined total is larger than 30gig they can charge you..

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 334 ✭✭ghost26ie

anoble66 wrote:
    think its 30gig either direction, so if you upload 10gig and download 20gig your ok but if that combined total is larger than 30gig they can charge you..

if u go to link above it tells u that u can download 30gb and up load 30 gb in a month and u are ok. if go above the 30gb then they feel free to screw u.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,764 ✭✭✭Valentia

anoble66 wrote:

How in the hell do you figure that? The BT site says:

[FONT=Arial, Helvetica]"you can upload 30GB and download 30GB in the same month without penalty"

How much clearer can that be? :rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:
    [/FONT]

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 16,713 ✭✭✭✭jor el

ghost26ie wrote:
    if go above the 30gb then they feel free to screw u.
    But thankfully they don't. I'm not aware of any of the Eircom bitstream re-sellers charging for breaking the cap, except for UTV. UTV are also the only ones who have a system in place to disconnect you when your reach the cap, in order to ensure you don't get charged extra. Until the others put such a system in place, and also have an accurate and functioning limit checking service for the customer to view, I can't see how they could charge.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,096 ✭✭✭anoble66

Valentia wrote:
    How in the hell do you figure that? The BT site says:

[FONT=Arial, Helvetica]"you can upload 30GB and download 30GB in the same month without penalty"

How much clearer can that be? :rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:
    [/FONT]

hmm, not sure how i managed to read that so incorrectly:rolleyes: Apologies for talking pure $hite! :D

Advertisement