Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Got a big problem what will i do??

Options
  • 09-02-2006 10:45am
    Moderators, Politics Moderators Posts: 39,750 Mod ✭✭✭✭

I need some advice on what could be a life changing decision……

I've suspected for some time now that my girlfriend has been cheating on me. The usual signs. Phone rings, I answer, someone hangs up.

She started going out 'with the girls from work a lot recently although when I ask which girl it is always "Just some friends from work, you don't know them".

I always look out for her taxi coming home but she always walks down the driveway and I can hear a car driving off like she got out of the car round the corner. Why?

The other day I picked her mobile just to see what time it was, she went ballistic and screamed that I should never touch her phone again and why was I checking up on her?

Anyway, I have never approached the subject with my girlfriend. I think deep down I just didn't want to know the truth but last night she went out again and I decided to check on her.

I decided I was going to hide behind my car which would give me a view of the whole street so I could see what kind of car she gets out of.

It was while I sat crouched behind the BMW that I noticed my right rear wheel was curbed.

So, should I buy new wheel from the dealer or should I try and get it refurbed? Will it ever be the same?

[mods - I felt this would be appreciated more here than in humour]

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,606 ✭✭✭Jumpy

My god you poor guy. Will insurance cover it?

• Registered Users Posts: 73,455 ✭✭✭✭colm_mcm

jesus, it's never easy when you find something like that out

• Registered Users Posts: 4,142 ✭✭✭TempestSabre

I go refurbed, and save the extra money towards something more potent and more pulling power. ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,180 ✭✭✭Interceptor

Anyway, once you've dumped her you will back being a w4nker which is a BMW drivers natural state... Yeah, use the money you would have spent buying that skank flowers on valentines day getting a new wheel - sorted.

Sorry kb, could'nt just bite my tongue

'cptr

• Registered Users Posts: 8,753 ✭✭✭qz

Anyway, once you've dumped her you will back being a w4nker which is a BMW drivers natural state...

Careful now... :mad:

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 8,245 ✭✭✭drdre

that was amzing was it a real story about ur wife doing the dirt:D

• Registered Users Posts: 527 ✭✭✭theShire

Thats hilarious man!

So, who was it that kerbed the alloy? make her pay :D

New alloy will be fair expensive- why not take a look at a scrap dealer for one, being sure to check that it's in good condition?

• Registered Users Posts: 65,414 ✭✭✭✭unkel
    Chauffe, Marcel, chauffe!

you will back being a w4nker which is a BMW drivers natural state...

Not quite :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,237 ✭✭✭AMurphy

kbannon wrote:
    I need some advice on what could be a life changing decision……

It was while I sat crouched behind the BMW that I noticed my right rear wheel was curbed.

So, should I buy new wheel from the dealer or should I try and get it refurbed? Will it ever be the same?

[mods - I felt this would be appreciated more here than in humour]

No, it will never be the same ever again, but you do have options.

Get a virgin from the dealer, but now you'll find you have one odd wheel, one that does not match the features of the other, may have a prestine but non-durable finish, hates the wet or begins to flake and shed like a dead fish and ultimately may become a very expensive high maintenance item, which in turn leaves you with little or no time to tend to the other wheels.

Beat the one you have into shape, (But may never run true and have an inherent tendancy to wobble and wander off course again, in the future, if subjected to the slightest lateral stress.

No, that I think you really need to do is get a good quality but slightly used item, not banged up and a total cast off but with plenty of mileage left to play with.
    One that has been tested and shown to be true under trying conditions. Stress relieved so as not to develop sudden kinks and buckles and let you down when the turn and twists come fast and rapid.
    One that matches the other wheels, so the same level of care and attention is required to keep all spinning beautifully.
    One with a few corrosion spots, but well hidden and not so much as anyone else would notice without trying to steal your wheels.
    One that will provide a safe and comfortable journey, but has plenty capability to maintain a spirited and exciting ride when demanded.

Happy miles. :D

• Registered Users Posts: 3,180 ✭✭✭Interceptor

qz wrote:
    Careful now... :mad:
    Oh don't be so touchy - you know it isn't true. In fact I know several BMW drivers who actually have sex with people other than themselves. Even unkel managed to find statistics to prove me wrong so I stand corrected.

'c

• Advertisement

didn't see that coming. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,991 ✭✭✭el tel

AMurphy - excellent!
    :)

Advertisement