Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

IRL: Lost Theories ***SPOILERS***

• 09-02-2006 10:54am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,657 ✭✭✭

Like a pheonix for the ashes it back...

Prompted by this thread and the return of season 2:
    http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2054884732

My theory concerning s2ep1 in the Hatch.

We saw the word quarentine on the inside of the door. When kate, jack, locke go in the hatch we see what looks like a laboratory of some sort. can we assumed that it is an observatory for the island and that "brother" (can't remember his name) is observing "something" or just an idea that has poped into my mind. Maybe he is experimenting with magnetic fields???

I'm assuming everyone has heard or knows about CERN http://public.web.cern.ch/Public/Welcome.html we'll they've got experiments going on to do with particle research and generate huge magnetic fields some distance under ground. I'm not sure yet here I'm going with this exactly. But it made me thing seeing jacks key float up like that. There are very few things in this world that can create a magnetic field.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,657 ✭✭✭trishw78

I see I've had lots of views and no post maybe it's too early in season 2 to start crazy theroies... :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,326 ✭✭✭Zapp Brannigan

Desmond is hard to judge. He seemed surprise to see the world was still going on.
    But he does know about the diseaser of The Island, cos of his questioning Locke. Also who's this guy who he is looking for. Its still early to form any proper theories but theres alot to be found out about Desmond.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7 sophiez23

Here's my theory: Desmond has the disease that the Others talk about, that's why they stuck him in a sealed hatch where he couldn't spread it-hence the quarantine on the door of the hatch or maybe it was even was vice versa. Maybe he stuck himself in the hatch to avoid the disease. Either way, it's about the disease epidemic.

My thoeory on the whole Lost situation is that they are all dead. Everyone is stuck in limbo aka. the island. I mean lets face it, how often do we get attacked by clouds of smoke or giant polar bears. Or how often do 40 people get stranded on an island without being searched for. Even if the island is miles away from civilisation, there are magical things called aeroplanes and helicopters which can fly and check the oceans for people. Also it would make sense that they are stuck in something like purgatory because each person did something wrong before they got on the plane. Just my theory...

OMG judging by last nights episode I wasn't to far wrong on my theory. I am really hating those pesky lucazade ads bring back the O2 ads

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,026 ✭✭✭Killaqueen!!!

It's too early to form theories and I don't particularly want to..I have ideas..nothing extremely special.

But I really don't think they are in limbo...it's better than that :)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,026 ✭✭✭Killaqueen!!!

btw, you know when Kate found all the food in the room she was locked in? WHAT the hell? She's been eating wild boar and scraps of fish for over 40 days and she takes a bite of a chocolate bar? I'd be scoffing all of it!

tbh if it was me I'd have a bar of chocy as well

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,639 ✭✭✭Laguna

Oh god those Lucozade sponsor ads for season two of Lost are dreadful and desperately irritating, even more so than last seasons O2 offerings.. Trish, I agree.. bring back the O2 "Someone recorded over your Knightrider tape; I don't have a Knightrider" tape sponsor adverts please!...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,514 ✭✭✭Rollo Tamasi

worse ads ever! i hit the mute button once i sense an ad break

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,498 ✭✭✭iFight

Laguna wrote:
    Oh god those Lucozade sponsor ads for season two of Lost are dreadful and desperately irritating, even more so than last seasons O2 offerings.. Trish, I agree.. bring back the O2 "Someone recorded over your Knightrider tape; I don't have a Knightrider" tape sponsor adverts please!...

lol, they were great:D

• Advertisement
Advertisement