Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Searching for a Commercial Jeep in the UK

Options
  • 09-02-2006 11:57am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 616 ✭✭✭

Hi

I am looking for a commercial Jeep in the UK (to import) and I just cannot seem to be able to find one.

I have tried Autotrader, Exchange and Mart and E-Bay. I have found lots of Jeeps alright but they are all passanger ones (which are of course very expensive)

Has anyone here ever brought one in before. If so how did you find it...? Is it just that they are not out there ? Do they call them Commercial Jeeps over there....? i.e. Am I looking under the right name....?

Any ideas would be greatly appreciated

BnA

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 14,907 ✭✭✭✭CJhaughey

Nearly all jeeps in the UK are passenger models.
    If you are importing you will need to convert it yourself or get someone to convert it for you.
    It isn't hard, basically remove rear seats and belts.Blackout rear side widows or replace with panels.
    Import as commercial.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 944 ✭✭✭Big Balls

They don't have stupidly ridiculous taxes so they don't need to make them commercials...

You would be mad to bring one in from the UK as the VRT office will class it as a passenger one.

Just get it done here and save yourself the hassle.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,399 ✭✭✭kluivert

Dont be silly,

Commericals are available in the Uk

If you live near Dundalk Eason's sell the UK autotrader and there's loads in there.

Check out dealer websites used stock for commercials as well.

What type are you after.

But i have to agree, stupid sleath taxes in this country

• Closed Accounts Posts: 616 ✭✭✭BnA

I don't know Kluivert

The full Auto-Trader is online at www.Autotrader.co.uk.

I have searched under Cars using the Keyword "Commercial" and I have searched under Vans. That has only unearthed a hand full of them. For example, I found 11 Mitsubishi Pajeros in the Northern Ireland Autotrader, and yet I only found 5 in the UK one.

I am looking for a 02 or 03 Pajero or Lancruiser mainly. But I would look at anything at the right price.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,991 ✭✭✭el tel

BnA wrote:
    I am looking for a commercial Jeep in the UK (to import) and I just cannot seem to be able to find one.

I read that statement and was thinking to myself that I have never ever seen a commercial vehicle made by Jeep...:rolleyes:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,401 ✭✭✭fletch

Does anyone else think that the autotrader's search tool is severely lacking when compared to that of cbg and carzone...it's a wonder they haven't done something about it...I personally use cbg and carzone because you can find more interesting cars by narrowing down your search on things like engine size etc

• Registered Users Posts: 2,991 ✭✭✭el tel

fletch wrote:
    Does anyone else think that the autotrader's search tool is severely lacking when compared to that of cbg and carzone...it's a wonder they haven't done something about it...I personally use cbg and carzone because you can find more interesting cars by narrowing down your search on things like engine size etc

If you register (free) on Autotrader.co.uk you can use keywords and terms to narrow down your vehicle search.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 944 ✭✭✭Big Balls

kluivert wrote:
    Dont be silly,

Commericals are available in the Uk

I for one, didn't say they weren't. I said they don't need to make them commercials to be able to afford them. In Ireland, most people do need to make them into commercials to be able to afford them. Who wants to pay 60 odd grand for a Landcruiser???

• Closed Accounts Posts: 616 ✭✭✭BnA

fletch wrote:

Yup. I do.

It's crap. And even with the key words that El Tel mentioned, it is still crap. For example. When searching by age. You have the options....

1 Year old.
    1-2 Years
    Up to 3 Years
    Up to 5 Years
    Up to 10 Years
    10 Years +

But if you are looking for a very specific car that can be a right pain in the Yaris. For example, if you are looking for a 99-00 car... you have to search up to 10 years and wade through all the rubbish to get to something relevant.

Or if you want a Diesel car. You can search for the keyword "Diesel" alright, but you are hoping that whoever advertised it will have gone to the trouble of actually writing "Diesel". But in most cases they won't. It'll be TDI or HDi or whatever.

On the other hand, go to Carzone or CBG.... Select Diesel, Up to 2 Litre, Up to 6 Years old.... Order by Price.... and let it off. No bother.

Advertisement