Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Dramsoc Posters Taken Down

Options
  • 09-02-2006 12:15pm
    Registered Users Posts: 10,246 ✭✭✭✭

Services recently removed the dramsoc posters advertising the play Hannah and Martin (thats the name i think) because there was the depiction of a swastika on it. This is a disgrace as the play is set in wartime germany and concerns the relationship between a jewish student and her nazi professor.

Hugh Brady oppression strikes again...bumdiddybum

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 99 ✭✭randombassist

That's outrageous! I saw them and thought they were quite tastefull, while giving people an idea about what they might expect in the play...

• Registered Users Posts: 597 ✭✭✭Tayto2000

Where were they taken down from? The ones in Arts don't seem to have been messed with.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,238 ✭✭✭humbert

Sounds a bit ridiculous alright, I saw the posters and they seemed quite tasteful.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,169 ✭✭✭✭Sangre

Are you sure it just wasn't a rip?

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 7,486 ✭✭✭Red Alert

who exactly decided that they weren't tasteful. was it services or more sinister forces?

• Advertisement
  • Administrators, Entertainment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 18,727 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭hullaballoo

I'm pretty sure it was just a rip. There's a rip every Thursday morning.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,010 ✭✭✭besty

Just saw one of the posters in the Stu Centre, nothing too offensive about them at all to be honest...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 738 ✭✭✭TheVan

Sangre wrote:
    Are you sure it just wasn't a rip?

Yeah......

a rip the piss!

• Registered Users Posts: 10,246 ✭✭✭✭Riamfada

Just going by what the dramsoc/philsoc crowed were discussing this morning.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,169 ✭✭✭✭Sangre

Bunch of drama queens.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 73 ✭✭PaulDoh

Grimes wrote:
    Just going by what the dramsoc/philsoc crowed were discussing this morning.
    Sangre wrote:
    Bunch of drama queens.

Zing! :v:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 738 ✭✭✭TheVan

Services are freaking Nazis! :D

Advertisement