Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Combine TV Aerial Signals

• 09-02-2006 12:17pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 566 ✭✭✭

Hi,

Just a quick question my ol' fella is asking, and its out of my area of knowledge.

He lives near the border. He has 2 aerials for picking up TV. One pointing north to get the UK channels. One south to get the Irish channels. One aerial is powered/amplified.

Now both can receive all the channels. However, to get the best signal he has to switch between the 2 aerials.

Whats the best way to eliminate the need for switching?

Is there a single aerial that could replace both aerials?

Is there a box/way to combine the two signals into 1 super signal?

thnx.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 566 ✭✭✭dalk

*bump

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,227 ✭✭✭gamer

theres all sorts of amps u can get to enchance signal , uhf/ aerial signal, u cud get powered splitter to feed 2 signals into tv,or vcr ,then just tune in say channel 1 -8, 1st aerial,channel 9- 18 to aerial 2.or u cud try standard spitter unit cost 3euro.brings 2 cable into 1 tv socket/ or have aerial going to vcr,uhf in, connnect vcr to tv,with scart, and have aerial2 going straight in to tv uhf socket.YOU NEED good vcr with fine tuning menu.if u wanna watch aerial 1 u will need vcr switched on.Or get expensive vcr with 2 tuners .

• Moderators, Regional North West Moderators Posts: 19,124 Mod ✭✭✭✭byte
    byte

Do you know what frequencies your channels are? This would help in figuring what combiner would suit.

There are many combiners/diplexers for many situations, and assuming that the aerials for both UK channels and ROI channels don't share the same frequency group, combining shouldn't be a problem.

Most combiners allow Power Pass also (on either leg), which allows the voltage to pass through it and power the masthead amplifier.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 566 ✭✭✭dalk

Thanks for the info guys.

I'll get back with more details (frequencies etc) later...cause i'm sick as a dog at the moment and cant think straight. :(

Advertisement