Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back a page or two to re-sync the thread and this will then show latest posts. Thanks, Mike.

New O2 International add-on

• 09-02-2006 12:20pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 2,585 ✭✭✭

Just noticed O2 have a new international add-on for bill pay customers. For €2 a month you get UK calls for 25c a minute. Calls to Europe/USA are 30c a minute and 39c to Oz (landlines & mobiles). Sounds good and as I make a lot of calls to UK mobiles I'll be leaving Meteor if they don't get their act together (currently charging 42c a minute to a UK mobile).

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,080 ✭✭✭✭Random

Links ?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,585 ✭✭✭HelterSkelter

Tut tut, so lazy, can't you click the Tariffs link on www.o2.ie?!! DO I have to do everything for you?!!!

http://web.o2.ie/personal/tariffs/pay_monthly/add_ons.jsp

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,080 ✭✭✭✭Random

Tut tut, so lazy, can't you click the Tariffs link on www.o2.ie?!! DO I have to do everything for you?!!!

http://web.o2.ie/personal/tariffs/pay_monthly/add_ons.jsp
    It was the €2 that threw me ... I didn't notice it hidden away next to the €6 :P

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,630 ✭✭✭Blaster99

You can call Telestunt's 1520 number from an O2 phone for 20c a minute without paying anything up front, which gives you landline calls in Europe and beyond. There's another number for international mobile calls, but I don't know how much it costs from a mobile.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,585 ✭✭✭HelterSkelter

Blaster99 wrote:
    You can call Telestunt's 1520 number from an O2 phone for 20c a minute without paying anything up front, which gives you landline calls in Europe and beyond. There's another number for international mobile calls, but I don't know how much it costs from a mobile.

Have you tried calling this number from an O2 phone? When I was with O2 about two years ago they had all calls to telestunt numbers blocked. When I called customer care to ask why they said there was no agreement between Telestunt and O2 so the numbers were not accessable.

1520 numbers are 30c/min with Meteor!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,630 ✭✭✭Blaster99

You're referring to the 1890 number. I presume Telestunt needs to pay the mobile operators crazy money so they don't want to allow mobile calls on that number. But the 1520 number is particularly good value from an O2 phone, as much as anything is good value in the mobile phone world. You can also call Irish mobiles through that number, so you should never pay more than 20c a minute for any Irish call with O2. I've used the 1520 number a few times, it works just fine. You save a small fortune on international calls if you use it.

Meteor, well, they have a few good headline deals so long as you call Meteor customers, but everything else seems to be very expensive with them, including calling Meteor phones from landlines.

Advertisement