Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

New Monument in Ballybricken?

Options
  • 09-02-2006 12:54pm
    Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 9,036 Mod ✭✭✭✭

Does any body know what they are putting in place on a section of the green area of Ballybricken. They have been working on a section on the Fairview (Fruit and veg shop) side of the hill for the last couple of weeks.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 699 ✭✭✭meldrew

Its a memorial to the victims of the 1943 jail wall disaster which happened just around the corner by the Garda station , I think there were nine people killed in all

Mel

• Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 9,036 Mod ✭✭✭✭Aquos76

Fair play to you Meldrew. I was beginning to give up on this thread.

No probs a little bit of local knowledge goes a long way ;)

According to The Sun today in a piece about this development we have ourselves a Lady Mayoress for the first time in our city.
    In a comment from the mayor they described him as a she ! Although earlier in the same rag they called us a town as well .

• Registered Users Posts: 5,728 ✭✭✭dazftw

Thanks I was actually wondering what that was myself yesterday when I passed it

Network with your people: https://www.builtinireland.ie/

• Advertisement
Advertisement