Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

UTV have sank to a new low!

124»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 54 ✭✭bedrock1001

I thought that too but I checked it out with them to be sure
    apparently they will remove it eventually (system housekeeping and so on)
    Need my current address so don't want to chance it

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,042 ✭✭✭kaizersoze

I thought that too but I checked it out with them to be sure
    apparently they will remove it eventually (system housekeeping and so on)
    Need my current address so don't want to chance it
    They said that to me aswell. I would loose my email addresses and webspace with immediate effect. 8 months later and the email & webspace are still there.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 54 ✭✭bedrock1001

i think you might lose it eventually but I have a feeling thats it not one of their top priorities at the moment ;)

now just thinking that maybe a new email address might suit me :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,764 ✭✭✭Valentia

Fair play to you lads that are staying. Nothing like standing up to people that rip you off. It's guys like you that the Eircoms and UTV's of this world survive on. :rolleyes::(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 139 ✭✭john_g83

Good to hear that UTV are changing their minds, and only counting downloads towards your cap again (although I still plan to change to BT), my question is seeing this change in policy should they not cancel the uploads currently contributing to your cap? I am hanging on about 18 gigs (8-10 of which is uploads) surely seeing that they indiscriminately added and then removed such a condition they could do something to help those effected?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,878 ✭✭✭bush

Valentia wrote:
    Fair play to you lads that are staying. Nothing like standing up to people that rip you off. It's guys like you that the Eircoms and UTV's of this world survive on. :rolleyes::(

The 6 quid extra for unlimited is a good deal in my opinion.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,810 ✭✭✭Calibos

My Eircom email is still active and I left them about 5 or 6 years ago. I'd imagine UTV are the same. Even if you change ISP, You'll still be able to recieve email from the account but you won't be able to send from it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,042 ✭✭✭kaizersoze

Calibos wrote:
    My Eircom email is still active and I left them about 5 or 6 years ago. I'd imagine UTV are the same. Even if you change ISP, You'll still be able to recieve email from the account but you won't be able to send from it.
    Yes you can. You just change the outgoing server in outlook express.

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 24,056 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sully

dub45 wrote:
    You can hold on to you email address if you change isps.

They say you will loose it with immediate affect, but its not the case. You will loose it eventualy however. I quote Carl in the UTV Newsgroup
    Officially they'll terminate as soon as you leave.

In reality, we usually don't delete them. However, it's only a matter
    of time before we go through a clean-up process on that platform, but
    it's certainly not high on my priority list.

Carl.

• Registered Users Posts: 91 ✭✭Lionheart

Have UTV officially confirmed that the cap is download only?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,264 ✭✭✭✭Hobbes

Lionheart wrote:
    Have UTV officially confirmed that the cap is download only?

Well if you add my upload and download its 21gb, while download is 17gb. So yea its changed. Although my contract originally was for 16gb so they upped that limit too. How can check that I am on the 3MB as well?

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 12,450 Mod ✭✭✭✭dub45

Hobbes wrote:
    Well if you add my upload and download its 21gb, while download is 17gb. So yea its changed. Although my contract originally was for 16gb so they upped that limit too. How can check that I am on the 3MB as well?

Check your modem/router and see what speeds it is syncing at and do some speedtests.

Advertisement