Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

When to dim your fulls!

Options
  • 09-02-2006 1:32pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,399 ✭✭✭

Speaking of Fogs Lights what about people who leave their full lights on as they approach you. Then them turn off as they are about to drive pass you.

I switch off the fulls before sight of the on coming car, why cant other people do the same, last night driving into Dundalk was a joke and ended up having a bad head ache from people leaving on their full lights.

Whats the problem, this idea of waiting to you see the car till you turn off the lights is a joke. Its more like am not turning off my lights till you do.

Driver attitude in this country seriously needs to be addressed on a number of issues.

Comments

Not being smart but if you are getting headaches from that you might want to get your eyes tested.

Headaches from night driving is a sure sign of eye strain. Its the sort of thing you never think of until you get your eyes tested. I know cause I got it as well..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 458 ✭✭d-arke

hey, you should jump into this thread and have a rant. totally agree with you Kluivert

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?p=50852074#post50852074

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators Posts: 17,711 Mod ✭✭✭✭Henry Ford III

I suppose the answer is you should dip your lights before you inconvenience/blind oncoming traffic.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,399 ✭✭✭kluivert

I wear glasses alreadly. My eyes are 100% with them on. Last night was the first time i got a headache.

Normally i can look straight into the lights no bother, bright lights dont bother me, but the ignorance of other drivers on the road, now that is annoying.

If you drive on country roads you can see the light beems around the corner giving enough time to switch off your lights, so why dont they switch off their lights as well.

Its an attitude thing in my opinion, "why should i turn my lights off if he doesnt turn his off", bull crap!!

I noticed as well, on the motorway the traffic on the far side leave there full lights as well. Like seriously what is the need for that, are they expecting a blind corner to appear from no where.

Driving in thick fog with your full lights on, now when i see people doing this i know they are as thick as the fog itself, if you pick your dims and front fog lights on you can see more than you can if you had your full lights on.

Advertisement