Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Using a plasma as a computer screen

• 09-02-2006 3:07pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 220 ✭✭

hi, my dad who is in his seventies has decided to join the internet revolution. we are going to set up with a wireless laptop with a wireless keyboard and mouse and hook it up to his 42" lg plamsa so he can sit in comfort on his armchair and surf the net.

it suddenly occurred to me that plasmas have a burn in issue - would it be advisable to use the plasma for this purpose.

not sure of the model number for the lg but it is the one they sell in powercity.

i think there is an "orbitor" function on the tv that changes the screen position every 30 second or so - would this negate the potential for burn in?

Advertisement