Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

from md to pc

Options
  • 09-02-2006 3:15pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 634 ✭✭✭

i've got a mini disc of a gig recorded from the pa and i was wondering how i go about putting that on my pc as an mp3

thanks.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,433 ✭✭✭Quattroste

You need to connect the minidisc to the PC and download the file. You may be able to do it with iTunes(PC version obviously). If you can use iTunes then this will automatically convert to mp3. If not the the downloaded file will be either .aiff or .wav. Just search the net for file conversion software that does .aiff or .wav to mp3.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,684 ✭✭✭david

You need to record the track to your PC, plug the MD line out into your soundcard line in and record it like a cassette tape using a program like Audicity, google it, its free.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 154 ✭✭Briony Noh

You don't say which MD player you'll be using, but I think most have digital outs for connection to PCs. This ought to give you better quality than just using the line out-line in option. If you don't have a digital-capable sound card, they're dead cheap. Try Maplins.

After that, Audacity and some versions of Cool Edit can make MP3s from the wav recording. As Freakonaleashx says, Audacity is a powerful little free download. If you don't already have it, you won't know what you're missing, but you won't have to miss it any more if you go to http://audacity.sourceforge.net/ - don't forget to get the MP3 add-on.

Good luck

• Registered Users Posts: 3,684 ✭✭✭david

You can't get Cool Edit for free anymore, Adobe bought it out and its marketed as Audition now, very good software though.

Advertisement