Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Anyone used Business Plan Pro?

Options
  • 09-02-2006 3:18pm
    Registered Users Posts: 785 ✭✭✭

Hi All,

Just wondered if anyone has used Business Plan Pro to build a business plan in the past? From reading reviews, it seems like quite an impressive piece of software!

I am looking at starting a new business in the next 6 months and as I am working full time at the moment, want to be able to work with something that's gonna produce something impressive, but not killing me in putting it together - that's not a lazy method, it's just that I commute almost 2hours each way to work and would just like something I could work on at home for a couple of weeks...

Cheers,

Voodoo

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 273 ✭✭REDZ

i used it in college, it was ok, loads and loads of examples but i don't think it was very good at producing professional looking results

• Registered Users Posts: 1,906 ✭✭✭jayok

Do you really need a business plan like that? I've been in business since 1998, own and operate four companies, always been profitable, and yet my "business plan" simply consists of an Excel spreadsheet details sales, operational cost, projects, etc. Sometimes I think a business plan is something that someone in a bank expects to see but really doesn't know that it's all just waffle anyway.

Apologies about the rant, but I loathe dealing with Bank Staff who "require" this sh1te. If they were that good with business they wouldn't be working for the bank.

Rant over.

• Registered Users Posts: 785 ✭✭✭voodoo

My Thoughts exactly, but we just want to ensure that we have everything exact that we need for the banks... There are loads of guidelines in Brian O'Kanes book - "Starting Your Own Business (2nd Edition, 2001)" which seem to be quite as good...

• Registered Users Posts: 1,906 ✭✭✭jayok

voodoo wrote:
    My Thoughts exactly, but we just want to ensure that we have everything exact that we need for the banks... There are loads of guidelines in Brian O'Kanes book - "Starting Your Own Business (2nd Edition, 2001)" which seem to be quite as good...

Do you really need this for the Banks? In my experience Banks will not lend to a business unless you are personally guaranteeing the amount. As such why not borrow personally?

I just use Business Plans for myself only

TBH I have a healthy disrespect for the Banking institute.

Advertisement