Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

L.A. to re-open on Friday 10th of February

Options
  • 09-02-2006 3:28pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,286 ✭✭✭

"Under new management" or so the sign says. So will it be any different?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 161 ✭✭nude_hamster

ya i say so.....they'v done the place up seemingly so i doubt they want the place to get run down again.....some people will probably get a fright turning up there again:v:

• Registered Users Posts: 6,374 ✭✭✭Gone West

Gael wrote:
    "Under new management" or so the sign says. So will it be any different?
    who cares, as long as they still have 3 euro drinks!

• Registered Users Posts: 8,584 ✭✭✭TouchingVirus

FuzzyLogic wrote:
    who cares, as long as they still have 3 euro drinks!

Precisely!

• Registered Users Posts: 15,117 ✭✭✭✭MrJoeSoap

Does anyone know if the drinks will still be €3? First day of Rag Week is always LA Time!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 525 ✭✭✭ya-what-now?

Well bad news...a friend of mine was talking to the new manager a couple of weeks ago and they're NOT doing €3 drinks anymore...it'll ****ing have to be good now to compete with the likes of Bradys and the Roost! The only reason that place did so well was coz of the €3 drinks like!:(

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 286 ✭✭Fridge

The only reason that place did so well was coz of the €3 drinks like!:(

It was the only reason when the place looked awful. But it might be nice now, and it wouldn't take much to beat the crappy Roost.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 765 ✭✭✭Smurfpiss

It'll still have the local scumbag clients.
    if they don't do the 3euro drinks they are Fcuked. thats the only reason people go...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,616 ✭✭✭ClareBear

Smurfpiss wrote:
    It'll still have the local scumbag clients.

They've taken over Caulfields so they might stay there.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,436 ✭✭✭ixus

THe lads who own the Glen have taken over the running of the LA and the Glen will be closing as a nightclub ( not exactly sure when).

They were gonna do that to get another star but it didnt work out.
    I really really doubt they'll close the glenroyal. as much of a benifit to mankind as it would be....

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 151 ✭✭LittleKitty

OMG i was in there last night, its exactly the same, sept for a lick of paint.

• Registered Users Posts: 286 ✭✭Fridge

Omg, that's crap. It was closed for so long I thought they'd be doing something decent with it!

• Registered Users Posts: 15,117 ✭✭✭✭MrJoeSoap

Went there on Monday afternoon and it was dead but for a few bar-fly's watching horse-racing. Looks the exact same as before too.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 167 ✭✭munky

That **** hole is back!?
    Are the pints still as bad as ever?

Heard a rumour that they weren't closed for renovations....they got busted for allowing major Class A drug dealing go on...would make sense if all they have to show for it is a lick of paint.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 113 ✭✭hardwoodhero

They closed as there was a court case on goin. The owner didnt disclose he was selling pins at €3 to the new owner who bought it thus the books looked a lot better than they actually were.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,616 ✭✭✭ClareBear

Went in there myself lastnight on the way to Brady's to see if it had changed. Fastest drink we've ever had, same old crap hole.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,286 ✭✭✭Gael

Is the three euro drink deal still going?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,374 ✭✭✭Gone West

nope

• Closed Accounts Posts: 833 ✭✭✭pisslips

That's right a 7" mantle piece

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,795 ✭✭✭Seanie M

ixus wrote:
    THe lads who own the Glen have taken over the running of the LA and the Glen will be closing as a nightclub ( not exactly sure when).

When was that disclosed? I know the chap who took over the lease. He's a head barman and part hotel-manager from The Hamlet Court Hotel in Enfield, got lots f experience apparantly. Sound bloke too. Didn't know he was in cahoots with the Glen though...

Oh the memories of the LA not too long ago...

Seanie.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,436 ✭✭✭ixus

Yep, got that wrong, was the rumour going around Maynooth for a good while.

Really think they've messed up though.

They had the chance to do it up and get the "new" people in Maynooth into the place who wouldn't really know the rep of its past. If you walked in there now for the first time, it's doubtful you'd go back.

Advertisement