Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Ferries. need to book in advance ?

• 09-02-2006 3:28pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 188 ✭✭

all,

i'm doing a road trip home from sweden.
    not really sure how long it will take.

given i expect to arrive in england on a sunday and ireland on a monday morning in march.
    do i need to book a ferries on the channel and/or irish sea ?

do i just show up or will it cost me more ?

how about the tunnel ?
    is it much more expensive than a ferry ?

/ds

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 530 ✭✭✭Garibaldi

I did a trip from Stockholm to Dublin on my bike three years ago. It took two lonnng days. Didn't need to book in advance either, I just showed up and bought a ticket on the spot. The ferry from Calais to Dover only took about 40 mins. I think the ferry companies just have a flat fee for the ticket, but I could be wrong.
    Considering that I did it in May (start of the high season?), I wouldn't think you'd have too much trouble. Still, if you *can* book in advance, then why not do it? Better for your own peace of mind (or worse, if you're running late ;) ).

• Closed Accounts Posts: 188 ✭✭demosuzki

thanks for that.

its only then that i realised i posted in the bike forum when i'll be drivin' my cage this time.

dud.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 732 ✭✭✭bbbbb

Did a trip to Norway a few years back, went Dublin - Holyhead, Newcastle - Kristiansand. Booked them in advance as it was summer time, but knew when I'd be travelling anyway.

Advertisement