Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Best Business Bank

Options
  • 09-02-2006 3:30pm
    Registered Users Posts: 785 ✭✭✭

Hi All,

Sorry to post a 2nd post in quick succession.

Just wondered if anyone has had any dealings in working with a bank when starting a business and if so, which is the best bank to deal with? The areas I would be looking at are:

- Best interest rate on Business Loans
    - Best partnering - with added partners such as accountants, web development, O2, HP etc... - I see BOI have this offering

Any feedback appreciated.

Voodoo

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,949 ✭✭✭SouperComputer

well, ill help you work it by process of elimination....

....strike out TSB!

They are incompetence personified in my experience.

Im switching to AIB from the advice of a number of people.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,774 ✭✭✭Nuttzz

I use BOI myself, but like any business its down to personal relationships, I have a good relationship with staff in my BOI branch so thats why I use them

• Registered Users Posts: 1,906 ✭✭✭jayok

Like Nuttzz said, I use BoI, but only because of their Internet Banking and the very nice people in the Branch. I have a commercial property loan (with EBS) and a personal mortgage (with First Active) and wouldn't touch BoI for either! Funny isn't it.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,949 ✭✭✭SouperComputer

@jayok That's not an Atari 800 series in your sig by any chance? Maybe an XL?

• Registered Users Posts: 785 ✭✭✭voodoo

Thanks for the responses guys.

I too currently use BOI for personal banking, but as I work in Dublin and commute from afar, I dont typically get into my bank too often! I do know that their online banking is quite good ok...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,906 ✭✭✭jayok

@jayok That's not an Atari 800 series in your sig by any chance? Maybe an XL?

[OT]

That would be an Atari 800XL, yes, the 800 had only 48KB of RAM. And here was me wondering if anyone else in this place ever used anything beyond a PC! :) Wonderful machine, get my biggest kicks developing for it - would you believe I still do

[/OT]

• Registered Users Posts: 9,557 ✭✭✭DublinWriter

Nuttzz wrote:
    I use BOI myself, but like any business its down to personal relationships, I have a good relationship with staff in my BOI branch so thats why I use them
    Same here, I had my business a/c with BOI for the past 8 years, they have a great service when you get to know your local branch.

But I recently switched to Bank of Scotland because they offer free Internet access and free banking once your business a/c is in credit. They don't offer the same levels of service and I found their Internet facility to be down about 25% of the time.

I'm still retaining my BOI account though, I'll see how BOS do over the next 6 months before finally staying with, or closing my business a/c with BOI.

My personal a/c is with N.I.B. and mortgage is with First Active. I found both to be OK, but again, it's all down to establishing relations with your local branch.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12 CathyK

I have used BOI for business for some time, and have built up a good rapor with my relationship manager, I have found the service to be excellent. The business on line is also second to none, I can pay all bills etc online, Would strongly recommend them

Advertisement