Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Tv/monitor

Options
  • 09-02-2006 3:30pm
    Registered Users Posts: 79 ✭✭

Hi All,
    need some advice just changed to a 20in Hyundai TV/Monitor Tv works fine but as a monitor the graphics are not great do I need to upgrade my graphics card if so what would be the best for my monitor ? any clues ??

cygnet

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,757 ✭✭✭8T8

Its unlikely you need to update the graphics card (unless this about the quality of the graphics in game) but how you are using the TV as your monitor does it have a VGA or DVI connection ?

If you are not running at the native resolution of an LCD display then the image will blur and look worse so it is best to run it at its native resolution.

Is this your TV according to the specs it has a VGA interface and it is a 4:3 display with 1024x768 the max resolution allowed via the VGA I assume. It does list 720/1080i as resolution supported under component but it can’t really do these if it is a 4:3 display so it must have some inbuilt scaler to squeeze that resolution into the display.

Advertisement