Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back a page or two to re-sync the thread and this will then show latest posts. Thanks, Mike.

Nokia 6600 Problems!

• 09-02-2006 4:32pm
    Registered Users Posts: 237 ✭✭

Hey all,

I bought a 6600 from the FS Mobiles section of the site but I've got a wee problem. I can send/receive texts and receive calls but I can't make any, all I get is a "Call Not Allowed" message. I've tried changing all the settings I can but with no joy and the default lock code doesn't work in the phone (apparently it was formatted before being sold so everything should be defaults).

I'm with Vodafone and popped into them earlier they did some funky checks on the phone Serial number and my Sim card and everything should be working but there's still problems!! I can make calls on a different phone using the same sim and have tried a different sim in the 6600 but get the same problem.

Any help that could be rendered would be amazingly appreciated!

Cheers,

Dunners

P.S. The phone was originally used on vodafone by the seller so I don't think it's a network locking issue. Cheers.

Comments

• Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 21,504 Mod ✭✭✭✭Agent Smith

you may have bought a stolen phone

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,352 ✭✭✭plonk

No Id say he is fairly reliable

• Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 21,504 Mod ✭✭✭✭Agent Smith

yeah, Just saw who you bought ir off....

Have you tried bringing it to a Vodaphone shop and letting them have a go with it?

• Registered Users Posts: 237 ✭✭Dunners

They did their jiggy stuff with the sim and checking the phone serial number and such, said it must be a handset problem and so I needed to give it to the local shop (which I was in at the time) and they'd send it off to the repair shop and all would be dandy. Then the fact that it was infact second hand arose and well you can guess the rest by the fact I posted here...

• Registered Users Posts: 237 ✭✭Dunners

Anyone :(

• Advertisement
Advertisement