Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Is the Radisson nightclub closing down?

Options
  • 09-02-2006 5:12pm
    Registered Users Posts: 731 ✭✭✭

I have heard some rumours running the mills about the nightclub closing. I was wondeirng does anyone know if it's true, or just a rumour that's around.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,717 ✭✭✭ARGINITE

Rumour tbh!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,484 ✭✭✭JIZZLORD

how many stars is the radisson?
    i think there's a condition relating to stars that the higher up you go, you cant have a club attatched. A place in carrick on shannon got rid of theirs to move up a star, and while i've heard nothing in this case, they may be trying to move up especialy with the new place beside the eye

• Registered Users Posts: 731 ✭✭✭peterswellman

JIZZLORD wrote:
    how many stars is the radisson?
    i think there's a condition relating to stars that the higher up you go, you cant have a club attatched. A place in carrick on shannon got rid of theirs to move up a star, and while i've heard nothing in this case, they may be trying to move up especialy with the new place beside the eye

That's what I've heard. To move the hotel up to 5 star accomadation(currently a 4 star) they must not have a nightclub attached. I think it would be the most foolish move ever on there part as look at the amount they earn on a Thursday night when students are out on the tear. Full house ever night.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 86 ✭✭emee

they got rid of the club in carrick on shannon because it was sinking... but it also is true about the 5 stars crap. no big loss if it closes anywho

• Registered Users Posts: 163 ✭✭elurhs

If I remember correctly (could be wrong) it closed down for a while about 3 years ago. Story I heard was the same, that a 5 star hotel can't have a nightclub. They were supposedly going for the five star rating then. Obviously when they didn't get it they reopened the club.

BTW, heard that the space where they club is was originally meant to be a garage!!! Don't know how true that is.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 81,222 ✭✭✭✭biko

I think the garage bit is true. Have you seen the locale and entrance? Sure looks like cr@p. I've been there a few times, too many drunken louts for my taste.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,061 ✭✭✭dawballz

Pure dump.. on a saturday night anyway.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,267 ✭✭✭kc66

emee wrote:
    they got rid of the club in carrick on shannon because it was sinking...

Literally? In Leitrim?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23 cmmni

the rad is a 5 star hotel.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5 foxy cleopatra

Correct, the nightclub will be closing and in its place they are putting a 25 metre swimming pool. As the Radisson is only a 4 star,to get the 5 Star it must not have a night club as said previously. There is only 1 5 star hotel in galway at the moment and that is the G hotel in wellpark.

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 25,234 ✭✭✭✭Sponge Bob

any time i had to misfortune to go past the place at the weekend after it closed the road was covered in pished teenagers, secondary school age not 3rd level students.

good riddance , the cops should close it down for them though :(

ya seriously it was sinking... shoddy workmanship on the foundations i suppose.... then they moved the club out to cartown and called it passion reloaded or some **** i dont think that name will ever catch on...

• Registered Users Posts: 3,711 ✭✭✭Redhairedguy

Sponge Bob wrote:
    good riddance , the cops should close it down for them though :(

No need for the cops to interven (like they could!!!) as the place is being closed... rumours says they're not definite if they're closing for good... but it makes no difference to me... except the fact that some of the a$$wipes that head to the Radisson, will now be falling all over the shop and bumping into me as I go to 903/Drum/wherever else

Smelly drunken Topman bastards

• Closed Accounts Posts: 425 ✭✭StephenInsane

The Radisson was/is the tops for students on thursday nights.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,711 ✭✭✭Redhairedguy

Granted.. and it will be a savage loss to some people... especially those knuckle-dragging, red-faces shítes you see skulking around town.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,095 ✭✭✭zing

There is only 1 5 star hotel in galway at the moment and that is the G hotel in wellpark.

That depends of course on how you define 'Galway' - i.e. city or county. Glenlo Abbey is a 5 star but iirc is a mile or two outside of the city limits.

Was in the rad thursday night!Iknow that its open for every night of nuig rag week!Please why would it look for five star rating!it would make less money if they took awy the nightclub.

The landmark hotel in carrick is still a four star hotel!the reason they moved it out to cartown was because it could hold more!The kelly brothers however destroyed cartown.There is still the swinging donkey disco going on at the back of the landmark every friday and sunday night!John o grady!cop on and restore cartown to its former greatness.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,267 ✭✭✭kc66

I was in Cartown years ago. Hopped on a bus in Carrick and drove into the sticks for a while. Stopped at what looked like a shed. Couldn't believe it when I went in. I thought it was a great night club and a great night. Must have been over a thousand people there

Yeah it used to be good when it was run by the o garas.The capacity there would be around 2700!Its the second largest nightclub ireland after enigma closed down in carrickmacross.

• Registered Users Posts: 166,026 ✭✭✭✭LegacyUser

There is only 1 5 star hotel in galway at the moment and that is the G hotel in wellpark.

No, the only five star in Galway is Glenlo Abbey. The g doesn't have a star rating, they just keep referring to it as a five star. If they did apply for the rating, it wouldn't get the five because of its location and surroundings.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,543 ✭✭✭thenakedchef

Correct, the nightclub will be closing and in its place they are putting a 25 metre swimming pool. As the Radisson is only a 4 star,to get the 5 Star it must not have a night club as said previously. There is only 1 5 star hotel in galway at the moment and that is the G hotel in wellpark.
    did you forget the glenlo has 5 stars also,
    how did the g hotel get a 5 star rating when it hasnt a leisure centre/pool(or does it)

cmmni wrote:
    the rad is a 5 star hotel.
    no its not

• Registered Users Posts: 807 ✭✭✭Panserborn

I heard before (could also be crap!) that to be a 5-star hotel you also need a golf course, is this true? Don't think it has to be a 18-hole one but has to have some lower limit of greens.

ya the G hotel just keeps calling itself 5 star hotel even tho its not. there's going to be a spa there hasnt opened yet tho afaik. **** location for a 5 star hotel anyway like you wake up in the morning and think oh i'll pop across to atlantic homecare i've always wanted to visit there on my holidays

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,092 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tar.Aldarion

Havn't gone there for over a year until last night and yes, it was brilliant, gotta love those playboyesque girls dancing about on stage, rar!

Panserborn wrote:
    I heard before (could also be crap!) that to be a 5-star hotel you also need a golf course, is this true? Don't think it has to be a 18-hole one but has to have some lower limit of greens.
    i think your right that its crap,think if all the 5 stars in dublin had to have a course,i think st stephens green would be in bits by now lol:D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,323 ✭✭✭wet-paint

The Radisson just denied i nthe paper that they're closing the club.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,815 ✭✭✭✭po0k

As a general response to this topic, I must re-iterate:
    Who gives a phuck?

Advertisement