Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Broadband in Carrigaline, Cork

• 09-02-2006 5:12pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 2

Hi all,

Been reading these forums for a long time. This is my first post.

Just about to move into a house in Carrigaline, Cork. And wanted to know what is the best broadband available in the area. Not sure who is available and can't check any phone No. tests until I move in.

Kip.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 37 Drustan

Kip

Welcome to carrigaline first off :D:D . Welcome to town traffic, what side r u on? Anyhow my advise is sign up with BT for broadband and talk packages.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,819 ✭✭✭rymus

Nova networks are down there now.. They're wireless so no phone line required. Installation is a bit more expensive than normal line based broadband but I'd say the performance would be better. At least you'd have better upload anyway...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2 kipperj

Thanx,

Moving into Waterpark. Whats the area like? Is there a pub that shows the soccer?

Kip.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 37 Drustan

Corner House. See you there :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1 Nashbridges

Hey there lads, see yer looking for info on Nova.

Well i've heard it from a very reliable source that they don't quite live up to expectations. Infact if your looking for broadband that has a tendency to just stop, get crap customer support, oh and the phone turned off trick!!, well by all means go for Nova. But if you want satisfaction, well go for digiweb....much better, i use digiweb...class. They will be in Carrigaline soon..trust me.

Nova networks are in the Internet Cafe in Carrigaline....i was talking to one of the owners a few weeks ago....they're not happy(that's the edit version!!)

Also i was looking on the website recently...maybe they should have invested a bit more on the design and layout of the site, they should have went to somewhere like corporatebranding.ie....good website for all the corporate branding needs...works well for me.

Anyway's thats all from me....let me know if ye find anything good about nova...it'll take ye a while i'd say..

enjoy
    Nash:cool:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1 fourleaf

Any other broadband advise for carrigaline ?? Cant get Nova cuz of a tree at my house! and cant get upc either ..

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,240 ✭✭✭MrFrisp

Hey there lads, see yer looking for info on Nova.

Well i've heard it from a very reliable source that they don't quite live up to expectations. Infact if your looking for broadband that has a tendency to just stop, get crap customer support, oh and the phone turned off trick!!, well by all means go for Nova. But if you want satisfaction, well go for digiweb....much better, i use digiweb...class. They will be in Carrigaline soon..trust me.

Nova networks are in the Internet Cafe in Carrigaline....i was talking to one of the owners a few weeks ago....they're not happy(that's the edit version!!)

Also i was looking on the website recently...maybe they should have invested a bit more on the design and layout of the site, they should have went to somewhere like corporatebranding.ie....good website for all the corporate branding needs...works well for me.

Anyway's thats all from me....let me know if ye find anything good about nova...it'll take ye a while i'd say..

enjoy
    Nash:cool:

The good and the bad of Nova..

http://ratemyisp.ie/ratings/nova-networks-2/comment-page-5/

Advertisement