Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Cancelling IOL No Limits

Options
  • 09-02-2006 7:33pm

Now that I have Permanet I want to cancel my IOL No Limits account. But I have an esatclear.ie e-mail address. If I cancel the account will I lose this?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,556 ✭✭✭Slunk

Im in the same process too, would like to know, just out ouf interest how long did they take to upgrade you to BB, im going into week 5 now.

If you're talking about Permanet I sent my application in early October but wasn't connected until December 9th. But they only had one installer in my area at that time, now they have about three or four so it should be quicker.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,042 ✭✭✭kaizersoze

Karsini wrote:
    Now that I have Permanet I want to cancel my IOL No Limits account. But I have an esatclear.ie e-mail address. If I cancel the account will I lose this?
    Answer:
    http://btireland.custhelp.com/cgi-bin/btireland.cfg/php/enduser/std_adp.php?p_faqid=768&p_created=1113557871&p_sid=lPSPkL_h&p_lva=&p_sp=cF9zcmNoPTEmcF9zb3J0X2J5PSZwX2dyaWRzb3J0PSZwX3Jvd19jbnQ9NCZwX3Byb2RzPSZwX2NhdHM9MjI0LDIzMCwyNTgmcF9wdj0mcF9jdj0zLjI1OCZwX3BhZ2U9MQ**&p_li=&p_topview=1
    You won't loose your email address.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 79 ✭✭ecodub

I cancelled my IOL No Limits about 4 years ago, my esatclear.ie email address still works today but I don't really use it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,669 ✭✭✭mukki

canceled mine 6years ago, i kinda regreted it for a few years, but anyway yeah my @esatlcear.ie email still works,its always full of spam mail though

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,087 ✭✭✭Duiske

Ahhh.......No Limits. Now there's a blast from the past. Though I still can't figure out how I could get the boot for going over the limit on a no limit service.:confused:

Duiske_Lad wrote:
    Ahhh.......No Limits. Now there's a blast from the past. Though I still can't figure out how I could get the boot for going over the limit on a no limit service.:confused:
    They tried to boot me too, so I called them and threatened to report them for false advertising. They backed down and I wasn't cut off, hehe.

• Moderators, Regional North West Moderators Posts: 19,120 Mod ✭✭✭✭byte
    byte

Can't be too many NoLimits customers left I'd imagine. I cancelled mine about 7 months ago.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,279 ✭✭✭regi

Now that I have Permanet I want to cancel my IOL No Limits account

Make sure you do it in style by 'breaking the spirit of the contract'. I'm not still bitter :)

Regi wrote:
    Make sure you do it in style by 'breaking the spirit of the contract'. I'm not still bitter :)
    I know exactly what you mean. ;) That was one nasty letter.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 448 ✭✭Agent Orange

Karsini wrote:
    That was one nasty letter.

That letter scared the **** out of a lot of people. It directly led to the foundation of Ireland Offline.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,115 ✭✭✭Takeshi_Kovacs

That letter scared the **** out of a lot of people. It directly led to the foundation of Ireland Offline.

Iam intrigued, where may i find a copy of this letter of which ye speak of?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 209 ✭✭okcomputer

he he esatclear nolimits. what an unfortunate incident that was, 2001 wasnt it? i had nolimits for nearly 5 years, leaving dial up "always on" was a luxury no one else had if i remember, for some reason i never got cut off

• Registered Users Posts: 2,894 ✭✭✭TinCool

Regi wrote:

Ah yes, I was one of the "lucky" ones that also got the not in "keeping with the spirit of the service" letters. Bastids :)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,087 ✭✭✭Duiske

TinCool wrote:
    Ah yes, I was one of the "lucky" ones that also got the not in "keeping with the spirit of the service" letters. Bastids :)

lol.......I vaguely remember downloading "Hamburger Hill" at the lightning fast speed of about 6 kb/sec. Took about 3 days. Guess stuff like that did'nt help my cause. :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 4,241 ✭✭✭god's toy

Duiske_Lad wrote:
    Yep me too, lol remember the other offer they made us in the letter they sent out?... cant remember it now but it was silly to think anyone would be 'happy' about being nuked by them to remain a costumer, maybe someone did take it up, I don't know...

Iam intrigued, where may i find a copy of this letter of which ye speak of?
    Right here. :mad:
    26th April 2001

IMPORTANT NEWS FOR IOL NOLIMITS CUSTOMERS

Having analysed our customer usage pattern of our IOL NoLimits service, it has come to our attention that some of our customers are using this service excessively. This over-usage puts considerable pressure on service capacity and affects the overall quality of the service for all of our IOL NoLimits customers.

Esat Fusion will no longer continue to support this high level of usage of IOL Nolimits as it is not in keeping with the spirit of the service and it is affecting the overall quality of the service for all IOL NoLimits customers. It is with great regret that I am informing you of this decision and that your usage level falls into this “over-usage” category. Consequently, your IOL NoLimits service will be discontinued on May 31st, 2001.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 169 ✭✭Hughesy

Ya i had no limits till i got booted off for going over a "limit" that was almost 6 years ago and my esatclear email address still workin good.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,584 ✭✭✭TouchingVirus

*beams with pride*

I'm still a No Limits customer :P

• Closed Accounts Posts: 209 ✭✭okcomputer

*beams with pride*

I'm still a No Limits customer :P

its time you got broadband mate, but well done anyway

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 837 ✭✭✭BarryM

ecodub wrote:
    I cancelled my IOL No Limits about 4 years ago, my esatclear.ie email address still works today but I don't really use it.

Does anyone know if this is still the case? I asked (maybe I shouldn'ta:) ) and was told I'd have to continue to pay the full monthly fee to retain my email address!!! Mine is an iol.ie address.... maybe that is the difference....

Bye, Barry

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 2,559 ✭✭✭Tazzle

1992xx was where it was at boys ;)

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 16,882 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gonzo

got rid of my nolimits over 3 years ago, it was an offpeak service tho wasnt it as in 6pm to 8am monday to thursday and 6pm friday to 8am monday? It certainly saved me alot of money at the time as I was on the highly expensive isdn and provided me with many great hours of online gaming back then.

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 28,493 Mod ✭✭✭✭Cabaal

Used to be a No-Limits customer, wass one of the people kicked off it for over use, in fairness I don't blame Esat and I blame Eircom and Comreg.

Blast from the past, ah how I remember posting on ie.comp regarding the formation of a user group that later came to be known as Ireland Off-Line :)

byte

BarryM wrote:
    Does anyone know if this is still the case? I asked (maybe I shouldn'ta:) ) and was told I'd have to continue to pay the full monthly fee to retain my email address!!! Mine is an iol.ie address.... maybe that is the difference....

Bye, Barry
    I had nolimits years ago, along with 2 IOL.ie email addresses, and an esatclear.ie email address. They all still work, and I'm not on BT. Using your mail client, you have to set the incoming settings to pop.iol.ie IIRC, and outgoing to what your current ISP settigns are.

Yeah the address still works but I've long since stopped using it because of spam. And now my "new" address is getting small amounts of it too! :mad: My Gmail which I never use gets a whole load of spam, while my Hotmail, which I use regularly, gets none!

It was February 2006 when I posted this thread? Doesn't feel like it!

byte

Yeah, my Gmail account gets a lot of spam, though the spam filters are quite effective, so I don't pass much heed.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,669 ✭✭✭mukki

BarryM wrote:

Bye, Barry

yeah mine still works today, bye barry

thats mad i replied to this thread over a year ago...
    canceled mine 6years ago, i kinda regreted it for a few years, but anyway yeah my @esatlcear.ie email still works,its always full of spam mail though

as for a blast for the past, how about this thread :D

• Registered Users Posts: 2,265 ✭✭✭aidan_dunne

I got "the letter" at the time as well but rang them up and ate them out of it and the poor guy on the other end of the line had no option but to let me continue using No Limits out of fear, I guess! :D

Still have it and still use it to this day. Upgraded to DSL at the end of January this year but for regular web surfing and stuff I still tend to use No Limits and only use the DSL service for downloading or for watching stuff on YouTube, etc. where you need that extra speed.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,803 ✭✭✭Xcellor

Still have it and still use it to this day. Upgraded to DSL at the end of January this year but for regular web surfing and stuff I still tend to use No Limits and only use the DSL service for downloading or for watching stuff on YouTube, etc. where you need that extra speed.

Not sure about the logic of this one... You have BB but still choose to spend money on dial up... I had no limits too but when BB came available in my previous address I couldn't wait to drop kick my modem.

Advertisement