Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Cancelling IOL No Limits

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 34,902 ✭✭✭✭o1s1n
    Master of the Universe

Another Nolimits cut off here. Should have framed that letter. I totally freaked out at the time as there were no other flat rate options around Bray.

Had to go cold turkey for quite some time. You don't notice your internet addiction until it's snatched away from you. Suddenly there are countless more hours in the day.

Thankfully NTL came along a little while after with a flate rate weekend deal. Was better than nothing.

Then broadband came along and my pain was eased :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 36,634 ✭✭✭✭Ruu_Old

Wow, this thread brings back alot of memorys. I think I have the cancellation letter uploaded somewhere as I posted it up on boards when I got it, so I must track it down. I used to try and get on just after 6pm but would often have to wait an hour or two before it would connect at all. Still use my iol.ie addy. :)

• Moderators, Regional North West Moderators Posts: 19,120 Mod ✭✭✭✭byte
    byte

I can recall it being an absolute nightmare trying to log online with No Limits, until Esat kicked those who got the "letters"

The service was much better after that :D

• Registered Users Posts: 2,265 ✭✭✭aidan_dunne

Xcellor wrote:
    Not sure about the logic of this one... You have BB but still choose to spend money on dial up... I had no limits too but when BB came available in my previous address I couldn't wait to drop kick my modem.

Well, in addition to the reasons I already mentioned, I've also held onto my No Limits service as a backup in case the DSL ever goes tits up on me or anything like that. It's happened a couple of times since I got it in so already it has proved a pretty prudent move on my part (if I do say so myself! ;):D ) to hold onto No Limits for such an eventuality.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,241 ✭✭✭god's toy

So how much did you pay for no limits from the time you got BB till now? Was it really worth hanging on to it for the few times it's been used? Ok so you say you use it for web surfing and stuff but why? your BB is so much faster I cant understand that logic...

I'm lost!

But if it works for you then good luck to ya!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,442 ✭✭✭Firetrap

I had some fun trying to cancel my Surf No Limits account when I got broadband. Despite ringing them, writing to them and emailing them, the bills kept coming. And then a nasty letter threatening to have a collection agency arrived in the post. Their customer care staff were very lucky they'd gone home for the day when I opened that particular letter :mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 78,399 ✭✭✭✭Victor

byte wrote:
    I had nolimits years ago, along with 2 IOL.ie email addresses, and an esatclear.ie email address. They all still work, and I'm not on BT. Using your mail client, you have to set the incoming settings to pop.iol.ie IIRC, and outgoing to what your current ISP settigns are.
    wasn't it gpo.iol.ie?

I think gpo.*.* is common enough, but IOL was owned by the post office. :)

• Moderators, Regional North West Moderators Posts: 19,120 Mod ✭✭✭✭byte
    byte

Incoming is pop.iol.ie and outgoing is mail.iol.ie for IOL email addys. Just checked there.

Advertisement