Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back a page or two to re-sync the thread and this will then show latest posts. Thanks, Mike.

Pulling scenes from a DVD?

• 09-02-2006 8:17pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,676 ✭✭✭

Hello everyone,

I was wondering can you help me I am creating a website, and I want to put a package of clips together, the clips will be football goals. So what I really want to is to pull specific scenes from a dvd , does anyone have any suggestions for software in how to do this sort of thing.

Best Regards

Willem D

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,984 ✭✭✭✭Lump

Where is the footage coming from? If it's copyrighted stuff, you're not allow to a copy it for your own use, but what ever you do, don't put it online, or you will get burned! If it's not copyrighted material, reply back here and let us know.

John

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,676 ✭✭✭Chong

I see John, well I have to create a website for a college project in my multimedia class. I was hoping to put together a package of goals together for the front page , it wont be actually be put on the web.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,192 ✭✭✭norbert64

if you're sorted on the copyright front, then here's the simplest way that I know of.

DVD Shrink
    http://www.dvdshrink.org/what.html

& Virtualdub
    http://fcchandler.home.comcast.net/stable/

Use DVD Shrink re-author mode, to rip the scene, then Virtualdub to encode in AVI. :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,984 ✭✭✭✭Lump

Willem D wrote:
    I see John, well I have to create a website for a college project in my multimedia class. I was hoping to put together a package of goals together for the front page , it wont be actually be put on the web.

Ah cool, using stuff for eductional use is fine with in the copyright laws :)

John

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 62 ✭✭fme

Hi,
    Do you lose any quality when using these pieces of software?
    The problem I have had trying to convert from DVD to AVI is that it always seems to lose a lot of quality/resolution.
    In my case, what I have is 2 videos from a wedding - one was taken on my camcorder and is available for editing as an avi in Adobe Premiere. The other was given to me on DVD, so what I'm trying to do is get the DVD into a format suitable for Adobe to edit so I can merge the two videos and then output back to DVD.

Cheers,
    Fergus.

• Advertisement
Advertisement