Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Preamp question

• 09-02-2006 8:20pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,946 ✭✭✭

Hey guys, one of the lads in the band picked this up for cheep and i was wondering will that give us a good sound quality for recording?

Cheers!

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,684 ✭✭✭david

"File Not Found" dead link, what model no. is it

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,945 ✭✭✭Anima

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,946 ✭✭✭red_ice

sorry about the messy link, i was in a rush to get that up i had to go out - its there anyways now

• Closed Accounts Posts: 800 ✭✭✭dabhoys

The behringer DI will do the job no bother for recording. Its not the best but it will do :)

I'm a big fan of the Radial Engineering DI's. Well worth investing in.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,946 ✭✭✭red_ice

excellent

What if we hooked our mixer up to the preamp, then into the computer? Would that give the same effect? Or does it have to go guitar -> preamp -> Mixer?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 800 ✭✭✭dabhoys

DI has to be first. The DI is balancing the unbalance guitar signal for you going to the mixer. What you have isn't a pre amp. It is a DI. The pre amps are on the mixer

Yeah, and run the DI into a line level channel, it'll sound crap through a mic channel

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,401 ✭✭✭jtsuited

i'm confused. why are you talking about a preamp when you're link is about a DI box?

The OP is mixing up a DI box for a preamp.

Advertisement