Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Is there a rock music club in Dublin??

• 09-02-2006 8:45pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 10

:confused:
    If there is one, it must be really well hidden.
    Im looking for a club (i mean by that with a dancefloor, not like a pub or bar), where rock/indie music will be played some nite... (Not live music, that I know where to find) The Hub used to be allrite but the two last times i went there it was just horrible music and quite empty. The last times i went downstairs in eamon dorans, it was either not rock music or there was almost no one in.
    I had heard of Helter Shelter in Vicar St but by the time i decided to try it didnt exist anymore and was replaced by Girls Aloud :eek: and Britney Spears :eek: music.
    So is there a place where its possible to dance on rock music in Dublin? Like Barfly in London or Scala where a friend told me she'd been.

Hopefully there will a "yes" answer...

Cheers! :v:

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 79 ✭✭Ilac

Have you tried Doyles?
    I know it's a pub, but there is a kind of dance floor area upstairs and they play rock and indie. And it stays open late.

• Registered Users Posts: 88 ✭✭Hitch-Hiker

The closest thing I can think of is the occasional 'Phantasm' nights held by Phantom fm, usually in the village. These are very rare these days though.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17 Akaonimark

This is probably gonna turn into another fibbers vs brux debate but if you're looking for a dance floor then fibbers on Parnell St. is what you want. If you can get past the smell. Downstairs opens every thursday, friday and saturday and it's all rock and metal music. Occassionally some crap 80's electro on thursdays though! But what do you expect for 3 euro a drink......

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 16,397 ✭✭✭✭Degsy

Downstairs in ther flowing tide in abbey street;The neptune lounge has allways been a bit of a rockers hangout,they've got an ok dukebox and its a friendly crowd.Best on a saturday night.

Advertisement