Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Pubs/Clubs in Tullamore

Options
  • 09-02-2006 8:45pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,817 ✭✭✭

Heading down for the weekend tomorrow. Where are the best spots for 1. watching the sport on Saturday afternoon, 2. getting a bite to eat in the evenings 3. drinking at night in a disco bar type place 4. night clubs.

Thanks.

P.S. We're staying in Days Hotel so distances etc would help greatly.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 345 ✭✭Gibs

Hey Podge,

There are plenty of places to go in Tullamore.

Best Sat afternoon spot for the footie is a sports bar/restaurant/club called "#1". (Yes, its a crap name). Go out of the days hotel, turn right, walk 100m, take the first right, go past the shopping centre (keep it on your right), should see the Bridge house hotel on left, keep walking 50 m to junction with main street, turn left, about 50 m across the road on a corner is #1. The same place is also a reasonable spot for dinner, although there are a lot of other restaurants in town. Couple of good indians (shishir, up the hill from #1, about 100m is pretty good), an italian called Senor ricos (50m from #,1 across the road and down towards the garda station). There is also a good italian across the road from Days hotel (cant remember the name)

#1 also does a nightclub, though I cant vouch for the quality...

There are a couple of good pubs around but best bet is to go to probably the best bar in town, the Tap, which is about 50m from #1 on opposite side of street, just beside the entrance to the Bridge shopping centre.

Basically, if you are staying in Days hotel, you are within 5-10 mins walk from everywhere. Tullamore aint Dublin:D.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 25 killerspec

I was in Tullamore a few weeks ago and felt very lost. I happened to walk into the dominos pizza shop just a little down from the days inn. The staff there helped me out and are very helpful and knew a few places in town that turned out not half bad.

I landed up in a place called De Bruins ( I think thats the name) nice place and yes number ones aint half shabby either.

My advice ...... ask someone in dominos and the food aint half bad either.

Advertisement