Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Earphones v Headphones

• 09-02-2006 8:59pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 23

For those of of ye who understand not the difference, earphones are IN-EAR phones, i.e:
    earphones.jpg

or headphone, ON-HEAD phones:
    earphones.web.jpg

i prefer earphones if i'm at home or just hanging out, but headphoe if i'm exercising or walking somewhere.

So, headphones. You?

Earphones or Headphones? 14 votes

Earphones
    0% 0 votes
    Headphones
    100% 14 votes

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,309 ✭✭✭✭Bard

I prefer HEADphones, cos I'm a radio DJ and I have to hear EVERYTHING. :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,480 ✭✭✭projectmayhem

earphones since i use my mp3 on-the-move most of the time etc.

the quality of earphones these days matches headphones fairly well (the stick-in-ear types) so you're not loosing loads of sound quality either

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,437 ✭✭✭weemcd

Depends on what they are used for, at home i always stick with the big comfortable cans. But when listening to music on the go i prefer earphones. I suppose its to not look too out of place in public, but also a portability thing. Then again, there are far more stupid sheepish knackery fashions out there than simply wearing a big pair of cans. All a personal choice tbh.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,839 ✭✭✭✭cormie

Shure E4's for me, brilliant sound, fit, comfort and size, no excess bulk and even though I've never listened to a high quality set of cans, I'm quite confident in my in ears that I'm not losing any quality. I could be wrong though:o

• Registered Users Posts: 255 ✭✭Pixel8

Headphones coz they block out more outside noise. The volume and bass is better as well. Great for home or studio use... I use Sennheiser HD25's coz im a dj/producer as well, the volume and clarity on these headphones is very high. Earphones never seem to stay in my ears properly at all at all, the stick-in-ear ones are sweet though.

• Advertisement

I think the only ones who can give proper judgement are those who have used both high end of each type. That puts me out of the picture:o

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,233 ✭✭✭RobertFoster

I prefer headphones. Most (in-ear) earphones I have hurt my ear, and I can't afford high-end ones like Shure.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,894 ✭✭✭✭phantom_lord

I prefer headphones

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,031 ✭✭✭Slippin Jimmy

I prefer earphones because they are a lot neater. Imagine seeing someone walking down the road listening to their mp3 with a set of headphones on, now that would be funny:) . Earphone are better aswell because you can put them in your pocket and go.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,013 ✭✭✭✭Kintarō Hattori

If your forking out XXX amount for an MP3 player, you want to hear it as it's meant to be heard. Plus earphones always fall out of my ears.

These are my bad boys of choice, yes I look like a tool walking down the street, but I don't care. I can't hear anything else when I have these on.

• Advertisement

Hopefully somebody who has tried both the likes of Shure, and the likes of the ones you posted will give their opinion on the sound isolation qualities of both head and earphones, until then it's just going to be a case of "oh yeah I used them, their the best" as I'm doing with my experience with Shures and no headphones:rolleyes:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,702 ✭✭✭bounty_hunter

At home I prefer headphones, but when I'm on the move I prefer earphones as they're more discreet and easier to shove into pockets, etc. if necessary.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23 Ham Ahoy!

here's the ones i have:
    816752M-2.jpg

you people could do with a little visual aid too.

Check this out..

Advertisement