Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Quick Question

Options
  • 09-02-2006 9:39pm
    Registered Users Posts: 9,255 ✭✭✭

How do you find out the Horde/Alliance breakdown on your server? There any way?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,051 ✭✭✭BKtje

blizz dont release any official numbers but some sites give ya a general idea. I dont know any off the top of my head tho.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 23,187 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kiith

most of the older servers are 2:1 alliance horde (if not 3:1). the newer realms seem to be more horde focues, as they are filled with alts.

bladefist is 2:1 i think, although its not official.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,046 ✭✭✭Dustaz

Even warcraftrealms doesnt have bladefist at 2:1.

I think last time i saw , there was a slight horde advantage in numbers of active players on bladefist.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 477 ✭✭abccormac

Bladefist has always been fairly well balanced in terms of population numbers, it's nowhere near 2:1 in either direction. www.warcraftrealms.com gives stats on faction balance, but the accuracy is a bit dubious.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,086 ✭✭✭fjon

Sigh - it's around 3:1 on my server

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14,181 ✭✭✭✭Jim

My server Terenas its about 3 : 1 A : H last time I checked.
    Some Alliance have started making Horde alts though to pvp at 60 heh.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 23,187 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kiith

hmm, it seems i was wrong...oh well. i just remember a few people saying thats why the queue's for BG are a total ****ing joke on bladefist. and that its alot faster getting in on horde side...

• Registered Users Posts: 9,255 ✭✭✭anonymous_joe

Fair enough. Not quite sure why Blizz don't release details. Would make realm selection a lot better.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 477 ✭✭abccormac

The queues only reflect who's actually queuing up if you follow me. It doesn't matter how evenly balanced the population is if one side doesn't bother to queue up.

True. But lot's of people queue for BG's, and if one side dominates population, they probably have more in queues.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14,181 ✭✭✭✭Jim

True. But lot's of people queue for BG's, and if one side dominates population, they probably have more in queues.
    On Terenas the average Ally wait time for WSG is 1hr 40min, on Horde its about 30 seconds.

Pretty nightmarish.

Don't see why they don't limit population so it's never more than 60:40 biased somewhere.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,531 ✭✭✭Drakar

I think the confusion around Bladefist is that there appears to be 3 times the number of alliance chars, but the activity is about the same on each side (so it's probably pretty even).
    Bladefist stats (take with a pinch of salt of course):
    http://www.warcraftrealms.com/census.php?serverid=175

Advertisement