Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Turk's Head, the place is magical

Options
  • 09-02-2006 9:42pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 518 ✭✭✭

In Temple Bar, everytime I go there I end up doing something stupid or my friends do, why? because either

a) it's the only palce that doesn't water down drinks

or

b) it's the only place in the dublin 2 postal code (town) that doesn't have sky high prices.

So therefore me and my friends get blind drunk and do stupid things.

Yes this is a thread compalining about night clubs (not Turk's Head which is actually a bar with a dance floor (free in)).

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 19,396 ✭✭✭✭Karoma

c) There's something about you / your friends

d) This an opportunity for an advertisement \o/

:p

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,417 ✭✭✭Miguel_Sanchez

Cheap drink? Stupid People?

Wow - I'm there!

Where in Temple Bar is this place?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,754 ✭✭✭ianmc38

So therefore me and my friends get blind drunk and do stupid things.

Sounds like a great night out every time.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,382 ✭✭✭✭AARRRGH

Turks Head is great if you want to score on a Tuesday or Wednesday (after 1 am) but other than that... it's a load of ****e!!

Uninteresting fact: the guy who painted the roof (the weird paintings of people drinking etc.) painted one of the walls in my parents house...

You know the Turks Head was a gay bar about 10 years ago?

• Registered Users Posts: 23,216 ✭✭✭✭monkeyfudge

dublindude wrote:
    You know the Turks Head was a gay bar about 10 years ago?
    Oh... it isn't anymore?

And here was me thinking that the stupid things he gets up to with his friends after too much drink is waking up the next morning next to each other naked in bed.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 12,382 ✭✭✭✭AARRRGH

Another uninterestin fact: A-Wear was called Gay Wear about 20 years ago...

Strange how they change...

Are Isoldes Tower and Turks Head owned by the same people does anyone know?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,249 ✭✭✭✭Kinetic^

Turk's Head, the place is magical - yes magically sh!t

• Registered Users Posts: 7,134 ✭✭✭Lux23

Well if you want to score its the place to go. Or so Im told...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,616 ✭✭✭ClareBear

Yeah I've had a few good nights in the Turks Head. Last time there were a bunch of 1st year guys there that wouldn't leave us alone and we haven't been back since. Funny how one crap night can put you off a place you used to like.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4 ThaJudge

Isoldes Towers and the Turks head aint gay bars but are "gay friendly"...particularly Towers.. gay crowd all the time.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 27,252 ✭✭✭✭stovelid

The Turks Head has never been a gay bar AFAIK. You may be thinking of the Front Lounge next door which is gay-friendly.

As far as the Turks Head goes, i saw woman battering another woman last time I was in there.

stovelid wrote:
    The Turks Head has never been a gay bar AFAIK. You may be thinking of the Front Lounge next door which is gay-friendly.

As far as the Turks Head goes, i saw woman battering another woman last time I was in there.

Usual Saturday night then ;)

It was a Thursday :eek:
    ClareBear wrote:
    Usual Saturday night then ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 664 ✭✭✭Nimrod's Son

b) it's the only place in the dublin 2 postal code (town) that doesn't have sky high prices.

Lol, if it's so bloody cheap, then why was my drink robbed the last time I was there??
    The place has a pretty high gay clientele. Far too many tight Superman t-shirts for my liking!

stovelid wrote:
    It was a Thursday :eek:

Jaysus! A THURSDAY? Did you call the guards??:eek:

nah - the staff separated them. My last workplace used to favour the place for nights out and in fairness, thats the only trouble i ever witnessed. One too many though really....
    ClareBear wrote:
    Jaysus! A THURSDAY? Did you call the guards??:eek:

by the way, apologies to the OP if you were trying to advertise the place. So far , we've established that it's a haven for drink robbers, girl-on-girl violence, skintight superman t-shirts and an "indeterminate sexuality zone" :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,031 ✭✭✭MorningStar

I worked in a few bars around town. Not one watered down their drinks yet many, many ,many people used to say they were. THe worst was a student bar where the drink was sold cheap so people made-up many stories about watering down and chaging the labels on the botlles etc...

It would be too much hassle to do in a busy bar. In a busy place you would replace the vodka very regularly.

As for the Turks head being great I think there are better bars in Dublin and see nothing special about the place.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,437 ✭✭✭tintinr35

I worked in a few bars around town. Not one watered down their drinks yet many, many ,many people used to say they were. THe worst was a student bar where the drink was sold cheap so people made-up many stories about watering down and chaging the labels on the botlles etc...

It would be too much hassle to do in a busy bar. In a busy place you would replace the vodka very regularly.

As for the Turks head being great I think there are better bars in Dublin and see nothing special about the place.
    used to go there a good bit in 1st year but then when i came back after that summer it seemed to have been taken over by foreign ppl!!

i know, people from outside Dublin should really go home to socialize at the weekend, i agree
    tintinr35 wrote:
    .......taken over by foreign ppl!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,505 ✭✭✭irlirishkev

Turk's Head is a bit of a hole in my opinion. Last time I was there it was a Sunday night. Me and a mate were looking for late booze. Some annoying student wearing a long jacket and a scarf insisted on talking to us untill we quite blatantly told him to go away. He then stopped talking to us but kept 'hanging around' us..

These days for late booze, Isoldes is yer best bet. Good music, and you'll usually get seats upstairs, even at the weekends. It's not a gay bar, but like another poster mentioned, it is gay friendly, so if you're an immature backward homophobe, it's probably not for you.

K.

Advertisement