Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Placebo

• 09-02-2006 10:11pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,312 ✭✭✭

anyone else like this band? i think they are brilliant and are my favourite band. I have all their albums, i think there just awesome tbh. alot of people i talk to say they like them and only know songs like 'nancy boy' or 'every you every me', anyone like them as much as i do? they got a new album out next month, i cant bloody wait!!!!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 688 ✭✭✭merlinsmerryman

Yeah I've been getting into them in a big way in the last month or so. Really good band imo. Also heard new album, through a friend in the music industry it's really good. Hopefully a tour will follow release of new album would like to see them live.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,665 ✭✭✭gary the great

My fav band to, ive been into them since Nacy boy in 1996, and have seen them live 5 times:p , new album is quality (proby my fav with BMM).

Altogether a great band and if you get to see them in the Olympia it was will be one of the best gigs you will ever see.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,070 ✭✭✭Placebo

big fan too, only since 1999.
    BUT heard the upcoming 2 singles and they sound awful, they should have stopped at SWG at their peak, cant believe they didnt show face at ireland during the SWG tour, well put me off

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,312 ✭✭✭Limerick Dude

ive ehard because i want you off the new album and i liek it very much, i could download the new album but i dont want to id rather wait for the release. i have really gotten into placebo in the past year, i would love to see them live! what are yer favourite placebo songs?! i have loads! ' i know' and 'special k' are brilliant!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 453 ✭✭dead air

I like Placebo, can't wait to see them live again. But their new single is just pure crap though. Very disapointing. :(

• Advertisement

yeah i hope they come to ireland this year, they are playing concerts all around the uk this year so hopfully they will announce in ireland!!!!!

Because I want you is by far the worst song on the album, although a song to say goodbye is quite good imho.

Fav songs are Black eyed, Days before you came, this picture, Bitter end and about 8 songs off the new album!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,598 ✭✭✭ferdi

love the first album

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,182 ✭✭✭Tiriel

yeah really like em, haven't listened to them in ages though! Saw them in Slane, really good, that's a good bit ago though!! 1999.. :v:

Just saw the video for Song to say goodbye, its excellant io think. Heres a linkage:

there you go

http://s5.yousendit.com/d.aspx?id=1L1LJL0C01UYZ2W2SXVHA6KNV2

• Advertisement

like there was nancyboy, bruispristine, 36 degrees, teenage angst
    pure morning, brick****house, scared of girls, wyin
    Taste in men [absolutley brilliant], special k, days before you came, spite and mallice, haemoglobin,
    Then Bitter end, plasticine, special needsm swg, english summer rain,

all classics, these recent 2 singles i heard were dissapointing, theve gone for a long time, album BETTER be worth it.

edit: just seen the video, wow, not bad. change of mind on the way, Any idea when the release of the album is ?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,480 ✭✭✭projectmayhem

got the greatest hits album there recently and enjoyed it. i have black market music and think it's horrible...... sorry :o

Placebo wrote:
    Any idea when the release of the album is ?

13th March

got the greatest hits album there recently and enjoyed it. i have black market music and think it's horrible...... sorry :o

well heres my opinion on black market music

Taste In Men - its ok
    Days Before You Came - yes a good song
    Special K- unbelivable, has to be one of their best!!!
    Spite & Malice- very very diffrent from the rest of their songs, still quite good
    Passive Aggressive- nice and mellow in a way, good.
    Black Eyed - yeah its ok
    Blue American - yes very soft and i really like it
    Slave To The Wage - not my cup of tea
    Commercial For Levi - yes yes good stuff!
    Haemoglobin - absolutely love this song cannot believe it wasnt on the greatest hits
    Narcoleptic- nice and soft but not as good as blue american or passive agressive
    Peeping Tom - nice and long and not a bad song

black market isnt their best album but its still not bad!

their first album and sleeping with ghost are my fav. albums!
    thing is on every album there are some class tracks so oits hard to pick my favourite!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,673 ✭✭✭✭senordingdong

Very good band.

Couldn't listen to them for too long mind.

black market music is the strongest album by far after WYIN.
    Just downloaded MEDS, nothings too catchy, bit repetitive, not impressed really.

Placebo wrote:
    black market music is the strongest album by far after WYIN.
    Just downloaded MEDS, nothings too catchy, bit repetitive, not impressed really.

Give it a few listens, im never impressed with albums the first couple of times i listen to them

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,698 ✭✭✭garthv

Been a Placebo fan from the start and they have never failed me. They are an absoloutely brilliant band and exceptionally original. I've seeb them every time theyve played over here. Have to admit I was also a bit pissed off when they didnt come over during the SWG tour but the new album(which is f*cking brilliant) is on its way soon and they better bloody come over here!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 652 ✭✭✭Jim_Are_Great

Anything behind the rumors I hear of them supporting Radiohead soonish?

Man I'm sitting here after a heavy night out and I'm listening to Black Market Music and my haedache is going away it's fantastic.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,579 ✭✭✭Pet

Placebo supporting Radiohead? Jaaaaaaaaaysus, there could be no better lineup really.

Pet wrote:
    Placebo supporting Radiohead? Jaaaaaaaaaysus, there could be no better lineup really.

Ye this is never going to happen there far to big to be a support act! Even if it is radiohead.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 184 ✭✭Brother To God

Pet wrote:

Except maybe GWAR followed by more GWAR!
    Everyone needs to get their soul eaten just once!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,460 ✭✭✭Orizio

Nothing Else Matters and to a slightly lesser extent Sleeping with Ghosts are a step above everything else they made really.There debut was good but really there music took a real shape on NEM(Pure Morning,Crawl and Every You Every Me are mind blowing).BMM was a bit hit and miss,some really weak tracks on there.Again Haemoglobin :eek:

New single wasn't up too much though.

New album out 2day what does everyone think?

I think its the best yet!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 355 ✭✭peepsbates

anyone like their cover of runnin up that hill(kate bush)? i think its :D .

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9 brucecambell

got the new album - some good tracks - really like "infra-red", "drag" and especially the last one - "a song to say goodbye"-probably one of their best songs yet

• Closed Accounts Posts: 981 ✭✭✭tj-music.com

Listened to their album online a few days ago and was surprised how great it sounds.

Advertisement