Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Custom size wardrobe doors

Options
  • 09-02-2006 10:25pm
    Registered Users Posts: 21,467 ✭✭✭✭

Does anyone know if there's anywhere in Ireland (S. Dublin / N. Wicklow preferred) that does custom sized replacement wardrobe doors? The panelling centre only seems to do standard sizes, and some (well most, actually!) of the doors in our existing fitted wardrobe unit don't fit those specs. I've found a few places in the UK, but I'd really like to see samples first before ordering.

Also, has anyone any experience with painting the exterior of the carcasses? I assume a quick light sanding would be enough to create enough adhesion for normal gloss paint to adhere properly?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 365 ✭✭dogg_r_69

I only know of places in Cork that deal with off-standard solid timber doors but if its foil wrapped (plastic finish) there's a company in Tipperary It's called Tippo wood products
    (067)43070
    There's also a place in the north called KBB but I don't know a number or anythingfor them

• Registered Users Posts: 689 ✭✭✭JoeB-

Hi

Yeah, no problem, that's what I do...

I'm a cabinet maker with a workshop in Roundwood, Co. Wicklow, you could drop in, I have some samples and stuff...

I could make the doors in solid pine, real wood veneered MDF or raw MDF sprayed in a solid colour. Or I could use solid hardwoods but it would be up to twice as expensive...
    approx cost €60 - €80 per door...

Hope this helps... :)
    Joe
    http://www.eccabinets.com

• Registered Users Posts: 21,467 ✭✭✭✭Alun

Thanks Joe, I'll bear that in mind. I pass through Roundwood quite often.

This 'project' is only at the planning stages at the moment. Basically we have a built-in wardrobe that was put in when the house was built, and although in theory I'd like to just rip it out and replace it, I'm trying to save some money. I'm also afraid of what I might find behind it all if I do that, plus there's really nothing wrong with the existing carcass as it stands (apart from the non standard door sizes that is!).

Advertisement