Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Ripping audio from DVD

• 09-02-2006 10:47pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,667 ✭✭✭

Is there any easy way to do this?

Ripping audio from DVD movie to mp3 format? Coz I have concert DVDs that I want the songs to be on my mp3 player.

:D

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,949 ✭✭✭SouperComputer

naturally these are DVDs of your own stunning live performances which you own a copyright to.

Virtualdub will do what you need in that case, as most likely you dont have CSS encryption on your own gig ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 71 ✭✭davidmdickens

Hello Super Comp
    Do you know of a way i could cut a clip out of one of MY dvd's.
    I am looking for some sort of software that would let me make a mpeg
    of a small part of one of My dvd's.

Cheer's mate

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,667 ✭✭✭MartMax

copyright issues question, is it ok to make copies of dvds you bought, as in this case i bought the dvd video, i only rip the music out of it to mp3 player? again, it is for my personal use.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,265 ✭✭✭RangeR

Fair usage rights generally apply [once you don't start giving it out to others in any way], but the likes of IMRO and the American counterparts would like to restrict that an awful lot.

It can be done, but I can't tell you how. Google has a lot of info on the subject.

Advertisement