Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

USI LGBT Standing Conference

Options
  • 09-02-2006 11:38pm
    Registered Users Posts: 328 ✭✭

standing%20con.jpg

The conference will review the development of the Union's policy in relation to LGBT rights, review the work of the LGBT WG, elect an LGBT Rights Officer and elect the LGBT Working Group.

I hope to see every college represented this year. Its important to have policy that represents all COs views and this cannot happen without all colleges present. I would especially like to offer my help to any Northern colleges who would like to come down.

We are also encouraging the attendance of Welfare officers, to promote LGBT policy at Union level.

If anyone has an questions or comments just give me a call or a mail

Is mise le meas

Sonya Donnelly
    Chair USI Lesbian, Gay, Bisexual and Tran gendered Rights Working Group,
    Union of Students in Ireland
    Grattan Street
    Dublin 2d

usilgbt@gmail.com

More information at
    www.usilgbt.org

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,745 ✭✭✭swiss

It might be appropriate to mention that WIT LGBT are hosting the USI LGBT standing conference this year.

• Registered Users Posts: 328 ✭✭Hunter S

Full deatails should have been sent to either/both your lgbt and welfare officer as well.

Motions and Ro nominations in by wed

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,163 ✭✭✭✭Boston

tomorrow like?

• Registered Users Posts: 166,026 ✭✭✭✭LegacyUser

Hey ya, motions are to be in by wed the 22nd of Febuary, as per e-mail.
    See ye all there!

• Advertisement

LiouVille wrote:
    tomorrow like?

yup tomorrow, ye should have gotten about ten emails lol and ye have a member on Wg!!!

Your emails go to one person, not the entire committee, and it was never mentioned.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,290 ✭✭✭damien

Shame on you Sonya for not emailing every single gay or wanna-be gay in Trinity. How can you call yourself inclusive with this exclusionist attitude. I'd like to table a motion that in future the USI LGBTWR2D2 Working Group personally invite every gay by email, letter and smoke signal.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,995 ✭✭✭✭Stark

LiouVille wrote:
    Your emails go to one person, not the entire committee, and it was never mentioned.

Obviously the guy's not checking his e-mail very often/not passing on information. Do they have a committee e-mail account that Sonya could use?

But you knew for the past while, did you say something?

• Advertisement

LiouVille wrote:

Your commitee forum is only open to one person? WOW weird. Anyway Rob is on Wg so surely he mentioned it at meetings? Or your welfare officer and Rights officer who ive been in contact with and who both are going, does anyone talk to anyone else in your LGBT?

I have been sending emails foir about 5 weeks on it, i even offered you to contact me before if you wanted me to add your address to the amiling list.

Hunter S wrote:
    yup tomorrow, ye should have gotten about ten emails lol and ye have a member on Wg!!!
    LiouVille wrote:

I was pointing out that I've recieve no emails, and that all usi emails go to one person. This was in response to the accertion that I've recieved "about ten emails", I've not, unless of course you're using the royal "ye".

Damien, No need to be conceited.

Sonya, the only date in your post is a vague march date. I only recently(like a week ago) found out the exact date, and only on this thread did i learn of the due date for motions. It was my intension to send you a pm with my email address, but I must have forgot to do it.

LiouVille wrote:
    Sonya, the only date in your post is a vague march date. I only recently(like a week ago) found out the exact date

Where vague = explicitly stated on the poster (March 3rd and 4th)?

Lmao, i dont really care at this stage, apparently TCD have delegates going so im happy even though they didnt get a chance to write motions. Its dissapointing but ill be glad just to have them there.

Sonya

• Registered Users Posts: 41,072 ✭✭✭✭Annasopra

I was pointing out that I've recieve no emails, and that all usi emails go to one person.

surely that person should have passed them on then!

It was so much easier to blame it on Them. It was bleakly depressing to think that They were Us. If it was Them, then nothing was anyone's fault. If it was us, what did that make Me? After all, I'm one of Us. I must be. I've certainly never thought of myself as one of Them. No one ever thinks of themselves as one of Them. We're always one of Us. It's Them that do the bad things.

Terry Pratchet

Ah, ok no poster is coming up for me, just a red X.

Surely everything doesn't need to be handed on a plate to people, surely an LGB Society can email the WG and you know ask.

I can only speak for myself damien, not the society. I'm sure other members knew. I don't think i thought about motions, let alone when they where due, so I never asked. Stop tryign to make out im blaming people, im not.

Pre Clar is now available and should be in your inbox!!
    Amendments in by wed

email me if you want one

usilgbt@gmail.com

Let the games begin!!!
    (liouville Trinity still have observer places left!!!)

Sonya

• Registered Users Posts: 245 ✭✭Enigma365

For the record, with regard to the TCD LGBT society. USI LGBT standing conference has been a major topic of discussion at the our last 3 weekly committee meetings.

A detailed description of whats happening was posted on our forum by Sonya and we included this information in our weekly email to the entire society of over 300 people.

We also have a full delegation going to Waterford.

We could not possibly have advertised/discussed USI standing conference more thoroughly!

• Advertisement

Enigma365 wrote:
    For the record, with regard to the TCD LGBT society. USI LGBT standing conference has been a major topic of discussion at the our last 3 weekly committee meetings.

A detailed description of whats happening was posted on our forum by Sonya and we included this information in our weekly email to the entire society of over 300 people.

We also have a full delegation going to Waterford.

For the record Motions where not discussed prior to the due date, and none where submitted. From reading minutes, they wheren't even discussed on the due date. Futher more it hasn't been a major topic for the last few weeks, it was brought up as an AOB by me twice, it wasn;t even on the agenda.
    2.) USI LGBT Standing Conference:

It's that time again in the world of student LGBT politics - the USI
    LGBT Autonomous Campaign**, best known to most as the organizers of
    Pink Training, are holding their annual Standing Conference
    (effectively their AGM) the weekend after next in WIT. This meeting
    will decide Campaign policy for the coming year(s), as well as
    electing the USI LGBTRO and LGBT Working Group for next year.

As an affiliate of USI, the Trinity Students Union will be sending a
    delegation. If you're interested in attending the conference, or just
    finding out more about it, have a look at
    http://www.trinitylgb.org/phpBB/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=5 as well as
    the Campaign website linked to below, and either email our local
    Rights Officer Ronan at lgbtro@tcd.ie or talk to any committee member.

So "detailed" it makes no reference to any date for the event, or motions, and this has no date beyond "march" in it*.
    We could not possibly have advertised/discussed USI standing conference more thoroughly![/

I'd disagree with that statement.

*unless theres a poster I can't see again.

• Registered Users Posts: 245 ✭✭Enigma365

Wish I could go to standing conference. Stupid final year.

Isn't there another forum for TCD infighting?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,764 ✭✭✭shay_562

Isn't there another forum for TCD infighting?

Yeah, but the mods keep locking the topics before anyone can draw blood. Boo-urns. :(

Liou no offense but:

1. if your Commitee isnt communicating with you, its not my problem.

2. If your Su isnt communicating with you its not my problem.

3. If you cant read a poster everyone else can see it not my problem.

4. If you cant read the date of SC on the website who's address i have posted up here its not my problem.

5. if you cant read the date of SC on the blogspot who's address ive posted up here its not my problem.

6. If i offer my personal help (offer ofpersonally emailing you) and you forget to answer me back, its not my problem.

7. If i post on message forums(which i dont need to do), including this one and you dont get it, thats not my problem.

also

"the weekend after next in WIT", i assume when the lgbt soc sent this out it was on a particular date so its not that hard to work out which weekend!!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 304 ✭✭PhantomBeaker

Just further to this, if you wanted to get in motions, trust me, you'd be thinking of them WAY before standing conference is even announced!

I remember writing mine a good while before it was really mentioned... but that was when it was 2002 and I had to walk to UCD in the freezing snow in my socks. 'Course I was lucky to have socks then. :P

Anyway, I really wanted to attend standing conference, but other committments meant I couldn't. Hope it goes well.

Aoife

Hunter S wrote:
    Liou no offense but:

1. if your Commitee isnt communicating with you, its not my problem.

2. If your Su isnt communicating with you its not my problem.

3. If you cant read a poster everyone else can see it not my problem.

4. If you cant read the date of SC on the website who's address i have posted up here its not my problem.

5. if you cant read the date of SC on the blogspot who's address ive posted up here its not my problem.

6. If i offer my personal help (offer ofpersonally emailing you) and you forget to answer me back, its not my problem.

7. If i post on message forums(which i dont need to do), including this one and you dont get it, thats not my problem.

also

"the weekend after next in WIT", i assume when the lgbt soc sent this out it was on a particular date so its not that hard to work out which weekend!!!!

Sorry if you got the impression i was saying it's your problem.

Website touched up.

www.usilgbt.org

Advertisement