Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

New Mardyke Bridge

Options
  • 09-02-2006 11:41pm
    Registered Users Posts: 4,999 ✭✭✭

Went along to see the new bridge & river-side walk that opened last week this morning, well worth a visit. I've read that it's supposed to carry along the river further later on.

97522376885eee8af4m2js.jpg

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 717 ✭✭✭Aspiration

I've heard it's impressive alright. I'm gonna go check it out on Saturday. It's supposed to be really nice.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,290 ✭✭✭damien

Ah christ sake, can they not make anything that isn't a clone of something else? It's a mini version of that bridge in Dublin. Isn't there anything original left in the Irish Architecture business anymore?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,440 ✭✭✭Dizzyblabla

damien.m wrote:
    Ah christ sake, can they not make anything that isn't a clone of something else? It's a mini version of that bridge in Dublin. Isn't there anything original left in the Irish Architecture business anymore?
    ahh.. be nice Damien, it's still pretty! :)

• Registered Users Posts: 6,182 ✭✭✭Tiriel

damien.m wrote:
    You mean the Calatrava one?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,730 ✭✭✭✭simu

Engineers ahoy! Does that big upright white thing have some purpose? It looks rather gimpy!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 225 ✭✭CathalMc

I cross over it most days and I think the same. There's this white supportive structure on one side but nothing on the other. Erm.

So this unemployed engineer meets an artist in a bar....

Its been open since January - albeit in some unofficial capacity for a while. The first time I crossed it, there was already graffiti on those white struts on the far side. They close it at half 4 too, which is pretty ludicrous for those of us who use it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,730 ✭✭✭✭simu

CathalMc wrote:
    They close it at half 4 too, which is pretty ludicrous for those of us who use it.

Neh???

Advertisement