Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

IBB announce a new chief executive (but very quietly)

Options
  • 09-02-2006 11:56pm
    Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 25,234 ✭✭✭✭

Neil Parkinson , formerly CEO of ESAT before BT started to send over bosses like Bill, has recently been appointed CEO of IBB.

Now we have , to my knowledge :confused: , Paul Doody MD, Neil Parkinson CEO and Jeremy Nel Executive Director . Thats a lot of chiefs and no customer service or support department so one wonders ...as usual....what the hell is going on in there.

I suppose he started off today by meeting the Consumers Association (or was that Comreg under serious pressure to the extent that a commissioner was sent over to grovel to the Consumers association ) :p to review all the complaints about them and fix everything by the end of the week.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,290 ✭✭✭damien

Sponge Bob wrote:
    to review all the complaints about them and fix everything by the end of the week.

Excellent, cos if there's one thing he can bring from BT it is exceptional customer service but if he wanted to be extra fantastic he could bring experience with a platinum billing service.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 25,234 ✭✭✭✭Sponge Bob

damien.m wrote:
    if he wanted to be extra fantastic he could bring experience with a platinum billing service.

Or a fast functioning network ....the bit BT do get right :p . That would be a good start. !

The announcement was down the very bottom of the main business page in the Times today BTW .

• Registered Users Posts: 4,290 ✭✭✭damien

Actually didn't one of the main spectrum guys from ComReg move to IBB too? Wouldn't he have had "insider" knowledge of the rollout plans of all wireless ISPs?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,265 ✭✭✭aidan_dunne

Sponge Bob wrote:
    Thats a lot of chiefs and no customer service or support department so one wonders ...as usual....what the hell is going on in there.

And reading the above, instantly the phrase "too many chiefs (executives!) and not enough indians" springs to mind! :D;)

A few people have said to me, "I'm thinking about getting that Irish Broadband thing-um-e-bob. Have you heard if it's any good?" and the first thing I say to them is, "Boards.ie, broadband forum, READ!" After a quick read of some of the horror stories on there, they quickly start rethinking about getting it! :eek:

I think IBB have a very long and bumpy road ahead of them to gain back the confidence and trust of their customers (and previous customers who cancelled the service) and any potential customers and I'm not sure if appointing another chief executive is the right way to start. Unless, of course, this guy really shakes things up but only time will tell, I guess. :rolleyes:

Advertisement